Getting a Mac, iTunes Question

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Keane16, Dec 8, 2007.

1. Keane16 macrumors 6502a

Keane16

Hi,

I'm getting a 24" iMac soon.

Just a question about music.

I use WMP11 in Windows. I'm extremely obsessive about my music collection. I have about 100GB of music all perfectly tagged. Album art and ratings are embedded into my MP3 files (I used Media Monkey).

I'm sure iTunes will be fine with the actual artist, song, album etc tags.

The 2 that are really important and i'm unsure about are:

Ratings (out of 5 stars). As all my Auto (Smart) playlists use these ratings. I'm pretty sure iTunes will not read the rating (popularimeter) tag. What is the best way to transfer all my current ratings into iTunes?

Album art is the second important tag. I prefer embedding the tag so album art is displayed on my MP3 player and phone. I'm pretty sure iTunes can read embedded album art, and it will show up in Coverflow? I found this so I think it's a yes...

http://www.onetipaday.com/2006/12/31/how-to-add-itunes-artwork-to-mp3-id3-tags-using-itunes/

Thanks in advance. :)

2. mediaguru macrumors regular

I have not used it, but MusicBridge is a Windows app that supposedly syncs tag information (including ratings) between Windows Media Player and iTunes. You have to point both WMP and iTunes to the same physical music files for it to work.

Once the library on the iTunes side is properly synced, follow these directions to move your library from your old PC to your new Mac.