Getting a Macbook Pro, Questions

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by SgtDuty, Jan 17, 2008.

  1. SgtDuty macrumors member

    Joined:
    Sep 15, 2007
    #1
    I am thinking of getting a MBP, 2.2 GHz. This is because I have been waiting since September for an update! I have a few Questions about its performance and some others. Will the graphics card be good enough to run BF:2142? I am writing Microsoft Office documents, Internet, Music, BF:2142, and Chat/Mail. Does anyone think I need the $2,500 model. Also is it really worth waiting, I am just getting feed up, not being able to have iTunes and Camino or Word open at the same time!!
     
  2. Osprey macrumors 6502

    Joined:
    Jun 18, 2007
    Location:
    In a Galaxy Far, Far Away
    #2
    I didn't wait because I wanted one now and and I really don't regret it one bit. The worse thing that will happen is that I will have a great computer for quite awhile. I do believe however, that there might be an update within the next two weeks. So if you need one buy now and if you don't need it right away wait. It sounds like the 2.2 would work for you.
     
  3. Tical00111 macrumors newbie

    Joined:
    Jan 15, 2008
    #3
    I really need one and I am petrified to get one right now because of all the update rumors.
     
  4. Osprey macrumors 6502

    Joined:
    Jun 18, 2007
    Location:
    In a Galaxy Far, Far Away
    #4
    Well getting an awesome computer should never petrify you, unless price is an issue. Yes, there may be an update, but I truly believe even if you bought today, the worst thing that could happen is you would still own an incredible machine. I ordered one when they first came out in June and another one in December and the first one in June took over six weeks to be delivered so even if there is an update, you may have an even longer wait before you actually receive it. And if this forum is any indication of demand, it might be awhile before new ones ship if they are CTOs.
     
  5. Tical00111 macrumors newbie

    Joined:
    Jan 15, 2008
    #5
    I have been patrolling these generous forums for weeks trying to get a sniff of any info on an update. I know I can't go wrong but that buyer' a remorse is strong boy I tell ya. I will wait one more week. I do appreciate the advice though thanks.
     
  6. Osprey macrumors 6502

    Joined:
    Jun 18, 2007
    Location:
    In a Galaxy Far, Far Away
    #6
    Just to be safe, I'd give it two more Tuesdays! Call it a gut feeling, not a rumor! I'm pulling for you.
     
  7. Batt macrumors 65816

    Batt

    Joined:
    Dec 17, 2007
    Location:
    Syracuse, NY
    #7
    Well, I have no idea what BF:2142 is, but I'm guessing it's a game. As for the rest of your needs, the 2.2 will be fine. Get a refurb and save $$$. Do not - repeat, do not - join in the waiting game. Buy and be happy.
     
  8. lag1090 macrumors 6502

    Joined:
    Jan 28, 2007
    Location:
    NJ
    #8
    You guessed correctly, Battlefield 2142 is a game. To answer the OP's question, that MBP should work fine for everything you're planning to do. I have a 2.4 MBP and all I did was upgraded the RAM to 4GB. The only problem is that the 2.2's video card is a little smaller at 128MB. The textures BF2142 uses are fairly large, so more VRAM will always help.
     

Share This Page