Getting a MacBook....

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by applefb00, Sep 3, 2007.

1. applefb00 macrumors newbie

but I'm not sure about things. I want it really bad and chances are I wil get it. It's just I can't stand buying something and then a newer version comes out later. That's why I am waiting for Leopard to be released in October. Does anyone know/think that a new MacBook will come out in October or close. I want the white one but what if they change the colors to aluminum. Well whatever I just wanna know what you guys think. I've known :apple: since a long time ago when they had them at my school, but this would be my first time buying one. Oh and I'm new to this forum. I've been on it as a guest but I just felt like signing up today.

2. flopticalcube macrumors G4

flopticalcube

Sometime between Leopard and early jan is my best guess. If you don't like the new one you could always by an older model in the refurb shop.

3. siurpeeman macrumors 603

siurpeeman

it's inevitable that apple will release new macbooks. it could happen in october, or it could happen later (maybe january?). since you're waiting for leopard anyway, why not just wait for the next revision macbook?

4. Telefonkiosk macrumors member

5. Guilfox macrumors member

Hey applefb00,

I'm in the same boat, I'm planning on getting a Macbok but I think its best to wait for the next revison whenever that is. I cannot advoacte switching to a Mac enough but to ensure your purchase isn't outmoded to soon its best to be patient. Apple's marketing although excellent at creating hype leaves a lot to be desired when compard to the rest of the industry in terms of product roadmaps. Best to be 100% safe and leave it for a bit.

6. Dybbuk macrumors 6502a

I really hope the Macbooks are not updated, as I just bought one and am very pleased with it. It would suck for it to be outdated just after purchasing it.

It doesn't make sense to me that they would release updated Macbooks for back to school long after school starts, when everyone already has one. If anything, they would have at least made sure to announce them before back to school.

I am not saying that there won't be updates; I'm saying that it doesn't follow the "back to school" logic.