Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

parthc007

macrumors member
Original poster
Mar 7, 2007
London, Ontario
So i purchased a 2.2 Ghz SR MBP last year and the screen kept crapping out on me every couple of months and it happened the fourth time today...SO i finally gave apple a call....and the Product service guy offered me to replace the machine with the upgraded 2.4 GHz lowest model available right now....My question is when the new macbook pro's are announced on monday, do you think I can get the upgraded version? may be pay a price for it? Should i call him and try my luck?

Pl. advise

Me1000

macrumors 68000
Jul 15, 2006
no, you are getting upgraded...
don't be too picky...

They will have old penryn MBPs in stock still, so you will almost have to get one of those/

alphaod

macrumors Core
Feb 9, 2008
NYC
So i purchased a 2.2 Ghz SR MBP last year and the screen kept crapping out on me every couple of months and it happened the fourth time today...SO i finally gave apple a call....and the Product service guy offered me to replace the machine with the upgraded 2.4 GHz lowest model available right now....My question is when the new macbook pro's are announced on monday, do you think I can get the upgraded version? may be pay a price for it? Should i call him and try my luck?

Pl. advise

If it's over the phone then don't push your luck.

If it's at the store, ask shamelessly if you want.

parthc007

macrumors member
Original poster
Mar 7, 2007
London, Ontario
no, you are getting upgraded...
don't be too picky...

They will have old penryn MBPs in stock still, so you will almost have to get one of those/

it's not about being picky, I am ready to pay a price for it if they allow me to. I can still sell the penryn one and add a couple of hundred and get the new one...but thats not that point

I will try and give them a call tuesday, see how it goes!

alphaod

macrumors Core
Feb 9, 2008
NYC
it's not about being picky, I am ready to pay a price for it if they allow me to. I can still sell the penryn one and add a couple of hundred and get the new one...but thats not that point

I will try and give them a call tuesday, see how it goes!

If they do give you a replacement, it will be same price point, so you won't have to pay zip.

Well at least that's how my replacement worked.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.