Getting a MBP before august 5th but...

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by CoolKen86, Jul 29, 2008.

1. CoolKen86 macrumors member

Hi, this is my first time posting. So, i decided to switch and get a MBP but i'm scared of getting it because of the Nvidia problem and I dont have time to wait to the revision so here's my question: Does it worth buying it now even if the gpu has problem? or should i wait? because i plan to take it outside the country and they dont have an apple store here... What should I do?

2. SpookyLars macrumors 6502

If you feel that you need the MBP, don't wait and just get it. Most people don't have problems with Mac, so they usually don't talk about it. Get a Mac and enjoy yourself!

3. ghettochild macrumors regular

I have a Penryn MBP and I have no problems with it, GPU-wise nor else.

4. doctoree macrumors 6502

I also have a Penryn one. I just bought a cheap AppleCare on ebay so I now have a peace of mind.
    Mine actually already has these artifacts once a month or so. My plan is to wait as long as possible and then short before the AppleCare is over in January 2011 take it to Apple for repair. I hope to get a totaly new Laptop for free from Apple because they won't be able to repair this anymore in 2011. Muhahah

5. 88888888 macrumors 6502a

lol :rolleyes:

6. TheCookie macrumors regular

TheCookie

Listen to doctoree. Buy the machine and buy some applecare.

I've had mine for a month and a half now, and despite one minor video freakout this has been the most pleasant computer I have ever owned. You'll love it.

And worst case scenario, if it goes bad eventually, apple will fix or replace it. What have you got to lose?!

Oh, and get a time machine or some kind of external harddrive to back-up your machine regularly and entirely. This will make life a lot simpler if it does eventually go bad and needs to be replaced.

7. DeaconGraves macrumors 65816

DeaconGraves

You might get a totally new laptop, too bad it will be three year old specs. :)

8. CoolKen86 thread starter macrumors member

Shoould I get it from amazon or directly from apple? just in case a new comes out and i want to return it...

9. doctoree macrumors 6502

I'm pretty sure they won't store the old laptops that long. So they have to give me a newer one unfortunately ;)

10. alphaod macrumors Core

alphaod