Getting a MBP before august 5th but...

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by CoolKen86, Jul 29, 2008.

  1. CoolKen86 macrumors member

    Joined:
    Jul 18, 2008
    #1
    Hi, this is my first time posting. So, i decided to switch and get a MBP but i'm scared of getting it because of the Nvidia problem and I dont have time to wait to the revision so here's my question: Does it worth buying it now even if the gpu has problem? or should i wait? because i plan to take it outside the country and they dont have an apple store here... What should I do?
     
  2. SpookyLars macrumors 6502

    Joined:
    Jul 21, 2008
    Location:
    Poland
    #2
    If you feel that you need the MBP, don't wait and just get it. Most people don't have problems with Mac, so they usually don't talk about it. Get a Mac and enjoy yourself!
     
  3. ghettochild macrumors regular

    Joined:
    Jun 12, 2007
    Location:
    Bay Area, CA
    #3
    I have a Penryn MBP and I have no problems with it, GPU-wise nor else.
     
  4. doctoree macrumors 6502

    Joined:
    Jun 28, 2008
    Location:
    Secret lair/ Earthmiddlepoint
    #4
    I also have a Penryn one. I just bought a cheap AppleCare on ebay so I now have a peace of mind.
    Mine actually already has these artifacts once a month or so. My plan is to wait as long as possible and then short before the AppleCare is over in January 2011 take it to Apple for repair. I hope to get a totaly new Laptop for free from Apple because they won't be able to repair this anymore in 2011. Muhahah
     
  5. 88888888 macrumors 6502a

    Joined:
    May 28, 2008
    #5
    lol :rolleyes:
     
  6. TheCookie macrumors regular

    TheCookie

    Joined:
    Jun 9, 2008
    Location:
    Boston
    #6
    Listen to doctoree. Buy the machine and buy some applecare.

    I've had mine for a month and a half now, and despite one minor video freakout this has been the most pleasant computer I have ever owned. You'll love it.

    And worst case scenario, if it goes bad eventually, apple will fix or replace it. What have you got to lose?!

    Oh, and get a time machine or some kind of external harddrive to back-up your machine regularly and entirely. This will make life a lot simpler if it does eventually go bad and needs to be replaced.
     
  7. DeaconGraves macrumors 65816

    DeaconGraves

    Joined:
    Apr 25, 2007
    Location:
    Dallas, TX
    #7
    You might get a totally new laptop, too bad it will be three year old specs. :)
     
  8. CoolKen86 thread starter macrumors member

    Joined:
    Jul 18, 2008
    #8
    Shoould I get it from amazon or directly from apple? just in case a new comes out and i want to return it...
     
  9. doctoree macrumors 6502

    Joined:
    Jun 28, 2008
    Location:
    Secret lair/ Earthmiddlepoint
    #9
    I'm pretty sure they won't store the old laptops that long. So they have to give me a newer one unfortunately ;)
     
  10. alphaod macrumors Core

    alphaod

    Joined:
    Feb 9, 2008
    Location:
    NYC

Share This Page