Getting a MBP repaired at a UK Apple store

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by runebinder, Sep 19, 2009.

1. runebinder macrumors 6502a

runebinder

Hi, the Airport card on my MBP has died :(, have phoned Applecare and confirmed it with them and they have told me to either take it into a service centre or an Apple store.

The nearest service centre is closed on weekends, now there's an Apple store in Leicester which is about half an hour on the train which is open weekends, have tried phoning them twice but no joy. What I'd like to know is if I've phoned Applecare and got a case number, do I still need to make an appointment at the Genius bar or can I just take it in?

Has anyone who's had to take their's into a UK store for repair got experience of this?

2. Rhalliwell1 macrumors 6502a

You will still need an appointment.

If you phone apple and ask them to do a "Collect and return" they will do just that if it is more convenient for you.

3. runebinder thread starter macrumors 6502a

runebinder

Thanks, will probably go with the service centre then as it's about 20 minutes walk away, just as well I've clocked some lieu time at work lol.

4. grubworth macrumors member

My MBP hinge is in need of repair, and i was wondering if you guys know if Apple can send out packaging to send off my mac to them?

I live in North-East England and the closest Apple store is either Sheffield or Manchester, which is abit of a trek which I can't afford tbh!

Would be great if one were to be built in Newcastle Metro shopping center, I'm not right next to it, but it would be hell of a lot easier and fill in a big gap between stores in the north east!

5. molala macrumors 6502a

Yes, although it has been 3 years since they did this for me. They sent TNT (or another courier) with a box that I just placed my iMac in. When they shipped it back after a week, they kept the box. Call AppleCare or Technical Support, they will arrange this for you. It is best to have an AppleID already (with your contact details updated) before you phone.

6. runebinder thread starter macrumors 6502a

runebinder

Turned out I hadn't noticed KRCS was on the service centre list, just taken it in and will be without it for 21 days, just as well that I've got a desktop PC

7. omarjk macrumors regular

I have tried to get a Genius Bar appt at the Regent St store everyday for the past week with no success. I now believe that only mythical beings with fantasy problems are being seen at this store's repair centre.

At least we have an abundance of authorised repair centres in London.