Getting a mixed content DVD onto iPad

Discussion in 'iPad' started by MoodyM, Mar 17, 2012.

1. MoodyM macrumors 6502a

MoodyM

My girlfriend is doing an Open Uni course, and they supplied her with a DVD. It basically contains a web site, but there's lots of links to video files (which are stored on the disc).

I want to get the whole disc onto her iPad 2 somehow. I realise I'll have to convert all the videos (they're currently flv) to m4v and probably edit the HTML files to point to the m4v files instead of the flv files, but once I've done this, how can I store the whole lot locally on the iPad?

2. ZBoater macrumors G3

ZBoater

Welcome to the post-PC era....

I think you are better off putting that on some hosted site somewhere and accessing it through the internet. I'd be interested to see how else this could be done, but nothing pops to mind right now (other than my snarky remark about the post-PC nonsense... :D )

3. MoodyM thread starter macrumors 6502a

MoodyM

Problem is, she'll be accessing it from work, via 3G, on nightshift, and there's 6GB+ of video! She only has a 1GB monthly allowance!

4. ZBoater macrumors G3

ZBoater

Ahhh, got it. I guess laptops still have a place in our society. :cool:

Good luck with finding a solution. I am genuinely interested in finding out if one is out there.

5. Night Spring macrumors G5

Night Spring

Sounds like a job for iBooks author. You can create an iBook with embedded video. Copy the HTML file into Author, figure out where all the video needs to go, and paste them in.