Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

poppsound

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 16, 2012
Hello everyone. I have a question.

I am wondering how we contact apple to get them to include a feature that allows us to automatically puts our personal contact VCARD in a text message.

Having to switch to the contacts list, then find our contact card, then share contact, then remember the number or person you want to send it to is time consuming and annoying, especially when it has to be given out multiple times a day...

How would I go about suggesting that the camera button also having an option to insert your contact VCARD?

~Thomas
Popp Sound LLC

mrapplegate

macrumors 68030
Feb 26, 2011
Cincinnati, OH
Hello everyone. I have a question.

I am wondering how we contact apple to get them to include a feature that allows us to automatically puts our personal contact VCARD in a text message.

Having to switch to the contacts list, then find our contact card, then share contact, then remember the number or person you want to send it to is time consuming and annoying, especially when it has to be given out multiple times a day...

How would I go about suggesting that the camera button also having an option to insert your contact VCARD?

~Thomas
Popp Sound LLC

https://bugreport.apple.com

From Classification choose Feature(New)

jelew1985

macrumors member
May 12, 2011
Isn't this already a feature in ios 5? I can go into a contact and share contact then it asked you if you want to send it in as message or email.

poppsound

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 16, 2012
That is a feature that is in the contacts/address book app, yes.

I am talking about having a shortcut built into the "camera button" inside of the messages app. The same button that allows you to take a photo and instantly send it to the person you are texting. I would like to see an "insert your VCARD" option here as well, so you do not have to leave the messages app in order to accomplish the same thing.

It would eliminate multiple steps to just be able to insert your vCard automatically.

Isn't this already a feature in ios 5? I can go into a contact and share contact then it asked you if you want to send it in as message or email.

NitinNike

macrumors member
Apr 10, 2012
I don't know for sure but I recommended apple for the reply with a message while we are busy. But I am not saying that they added that function because I told them to do #. But yeah they do read all the feedback.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.