Getting a New iPhone tomorrow - hopefully.

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by jeremykyle, Feb 19, 2009.

1. jeremykyle macrumors regular

I doubt anyone else has had this problem, because the Apple Rep I talked to said that I was his first experience with this and that amazed me. In the midst of turning my iPhone to silent mode, my silver silent key decides to just pop off. :eek: So now I can't turn my phone on silent. I am driving THREE HOURS tomorrow just to get a new phone. I don't understand why there can not be an Apple Store closer, or why the AT&T Reps just won't do it.

2. Bowlerguy10 macrumors 6502

3. jason72780 macrumors regular

I had that happen and just lived with it until I cracked my screen and got a new iPhone through insurance. It wasn't a big deal even though I use the silent switch quite a bit. I just used a key to move it.

4. motoracer1486 macrumors 6502a

It's happened before. You won't get a new phone by the way - it'll be a refurb.

5. sergiuria macrumors 6502a

sergiuria

Exactly the same for me :D

6. Sebby macrumors 6502a

Not whilst there's anything one watching, I hope. :D

7. rayward macrumors 65816

This is a little annoying if your phone is relatively new. However, having had to replace my 2G iPhone twice, I can say that the refurbs are in very good shape. They look like new.

Plus, this is where the genius of the sync to iTunes kicks in. They activate your phone in the store so that you can make and receive calls, but everything other than standard apps is missing. Just restore when you get home and your new iPhone now is exactly the same as your old one. Just make sure to backup your old one before taking it in.

8. jeremykyle thread starter macrumors regular

Walked in to the store without an appointment. I only had to wait about ten minutes, then walked out with a BRAND new iPhone rather than a refurb. I was so happy. Thank you, Apple.

9. Sebby macrumors 6502a

10. motoracer1486 macrumors 6502a

Good to hear. Gotta love apple :)