Getting a new Mac!

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Ballr24, Jul 10, 2009.

1. Ballr24 macrumors newbie

Hey guys! I'm kind of new to the "Mac World", and I just decided to purchase a Mac! I am thinking about getting the 13 inch Apple MacBook Pro, with 2.53 GHZ, 250GB Hard Drive, and 4GB Ram. I am a new Mac user just coming from using a PC, and I think Macs are way better. I was thinking about ordering it on the 17th or 18th. I am really excited! Just letting you guys know...

2. MacDawg macrumors Core

MacDawg

Congrats!
    Welcome to the Mac world and to the Forum

Don't forget to set up Time Machine and back up your computer ;)

Woof, Woof - Dawg [​IMG]

3. HLdan macrumors 603

HLdan

Congrats, you'll love it. When you get it let us know if you have questions or need help with your transition. ;)

4. DivineEvil macrumors regular

Congrats...

I myself bought the 2.26GHz 13" MBP yesterday :). I've got it for about 24 hours and I LOOOOOVVVVEEEE it :D.

I myself don't think that it's worth to spend $300 more for only 250MHz faster processor and more RAM/HDD...

What I'll do is I'll get a 500GB HDD from Newegg for about $90 install it and next year when the 8GB RAM prices aren't that crazy I'll upgrade to 8GB of RAM for let's say 100$.

So for $100 less I'll have way better notebook in RAM/HDD and only 250GHz slower... which does not such huge difference :D.

5. Ballr24 thread starter macrumors newbie

6. juleyah macrumors newbie

juleyah

I ordered a MBP 13" 2.53GHz, 500GB HD, 4GB RAM on June 9... next Saturday (July 18) I get to see it (I currently live in the US but wanted the keyboard in my native language, Swedish, so I had my parents order it for me and keep it safe until I could return... which is next week! W00t!).

(Yes, I drool over the Mac website a lot to keep myself from going nuts. I want my computer NOOOOOW.)

Ehm... this is my way of saying "welcome to the Mac World, dude". :) I hope you enjoy it when you get yours.