Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Oeast11

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 11, 2008
Hey everyone.... within the next two weeks I am recieving a 17inch macbook pro, and a 23 inch Apple HD Cinema display. I am also going to get an external hardrive, and the apple keyboard and mouse.

I need advice on what harddrive is the best to get right now i have in mind the "LaCie 500GB d2 Quadra Hard Disk" or the "Iomega 500GB UltraMax Desktop Hard Drive", are those two good or are their better ones?

ALSO im wondering if there is any other software/accessories that you cannot live without?

Hope you can help,
Brent

Cancelled
Jul 13, 2008
LaCie make very good externals that have FireWire 800 (which is a must over USB 2.0, by the way). Their BigDisk series rocks. I've got an older 500GB model, but there's a newer 1TB model! Get that!

MacBook Pros rock, and the only essential peripheral I've got is my wireless Mighty Mouse! ;)

They say that now's not the best time to be getting a MacBook Pro, though, since the new design is imminent. However, I do love the current 'PowerBook' design. It may be ageing in Apple design terms, but it's still way ahead when compared to everything else, even Sony Vaios.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.