Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

hoosker

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 17, 2003
Getting my first iPhone...Verizon is still offering the 16GB iPhone 5 at the same price as the 5c. I am trying to decide which would be a better bet. I have read about the slight benefits of the 5c internals but I am leaning toward the aluminum enclosure vs plastic.

Any thoughts to sway me either way?

dotme

macrumors 65816
Oct 18, 2011
Iowa
5C has better internals (slightly) and probably stronger (less likely to bend) construction. But honestly, if you're entering a 2 year agreement, I'd think seriously about the extra $100 for a 5S - Worth it in my opinion, especially when you think about the 2 years... works out to an extra $4 or so per month over the life of the contract.

hoosker

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 17, 2003
Thanks dotme, I actually have been thinking the same. Both my wife and I need new phones and she has decided she can live with the 5c but of course I am thinking "only a $100 more over 2 years" for the 5s. So really deciding between the 5 and 5c is for her.

PS.I am working up my justification speech when I announce that I really need the 5s.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.