Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MICHAELSD

macrumors 603
Original poster
Jul 13, 2008
NJ
I have no issue manually doing it but I'd rather not be a sucker when I know there must be a way to get it to all the major sites in a few clicks. Surely there's a better way for a big story like a TV prop auction? I've seen plenty of services and am in the process of signing up for the free ones and paying for cheap services although I'm sure members on here know what world best :D.

Ccrew

macrumors 68020
Feb 28, 2011
I have no issue manually doing it but I'd rather not be a sucker when I know there must be a way to get it to all the major sites in a few clicks. Surely there's a better way for a big story like a TV prop auction? I've seen plenty of services and am in the process of signing up for the free ones and paying for cheap services although I'm sure members on here know what world best :D.

Have something that's newsworthy is the best way. Being in this line of work I can say that 99.999% of the stuff that comes across pushed by companies that claim to send these out are simply spam filtered and go straight to an electronic bit bucket.

PR Newswire is one of the few that many consider legit unless it comes across something like Bloomberg or an AP feed.

MICHAELSD

macrumors 603
Original poster
Jul 13, 2008
NJ
Have something that's newsworthy is the best way. Being in this line of work I can say that 99.999% of the stuff that comes across pushed by companies that claim to send these out are simply spam filtered and go straight to an electronic bit bucket.

PR Newswire is one of the few that many consider legit unless it comes across something like Bloomberg or an AP feed.

I can assure you it's newsworthy :D. It was already on Huffington:

http://huffpost.com/us/entry/4273509

I'm not sure that it's what got the auction on Huffington but I used PRLog along with other promotional techniques. I'll need to see how Newswire compares monetarily in value; thanks.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.