Getting a PS3 -- how can I impress my 360 friends?

Discussion in 'Console Games' started by ziggyonice, Sep 3, 2009.

1. ziggyonice macrumors 68020

ziggyonice

Let me just say it: I've always been a PlayStation fanboy. The problem with the current generation of consoles is simply the fact that the 360 has had a lot of success, and its users have become pretty big anti-PS3 fanboys. My roommates are all big 360 players, and little do they know that I'm coming home tonight with a PS3.

So what game(s) should I get to really impress them? I wish Modern Warfare 2 was out sooner than November... but until then, any suggestions?

Thanks.

2. dukebound85 macrumors P6

dukebound85

the consoles are really the same

get wthat you want, not to impress

with that said, i would say gt5 if it were out lol

3. Jack Flash macrumors 65816

If I were you I'd buy a 360 so you could play online with your friends.

4. ziggyonice thread starter macrumors 68020

ziggyonice

I'm not wasting my money. ;)

5. keekl macrumors regular

keekl

6. Jack Flash macrumors 65816

Impress them by playing your console by yourself. Don't be surprised if they don't notice you're missing. ;)

7. xIGmanIx macrumors 6502a

pop in a BD like batman forever, or show them inFamous, uncharted, MGS4, or killzone 2

8. ziggyonice thread starter macrumors 68020

ziggyonice

I was thinking about Killzone 2. I've talked to a few people about it and the screenshots look awesome. I haven't played a FPS in a while, so hopefully it's as good as people say. Everyone knows the 360 is a big FPS system, which is part of the reason why I might be considering getting an FPS to show them up. :D

9. xIGmanIx macrumors 6502a

true, but i honestly haven't' had as much fun gaming in years as i had with uncharted and inFamous. Both played like movies. i think the NextGen/current Gen = FPS and i have had about enough. I want some variety and to be honest, all EA's sports offerings has been shoddy. I bought a used PS3(60GB) so i can still play all PS2 games like GOW I/II, etc

10. sikkinixx macrumors 68020

sikkinixx

why would MW2 show them up? It's going to be the same as on the 360 and have a better online system because Live is superior to PSN.

11. diddy macrumors 6502

Uncharted: Drakes Fortune would be the first game I would use as a showcase. I know the sequel is coming out in just a few weeks, but it's a fantastic game, and friggin GORGEOUS. Easily my favorite so far this generation.

Wipeout HD is very close second.

You also can't go wrong with LittleBigPlanet (insane amount of user levels these days), inFAMOUS and Motorstorm: Pacific Rift.

12. ziggyonice thread starter macrumors 68020

ziggyonice

Yes, I'll admit that PSN needs a lot of work. But I've got the big screen TV. I've got the surround sound system. Putting MW2 on that thing would blow them away (even if it'll be on the 360).

I'm leaning toward the FPS, so Killzone 2 might be my game of choice.

13. MovieCutter macrumors 68040

MovieCutter

Putting in a movie like Batman Forever will get your ass kicked. The Dark Knight on the other hand....

14. TheVidEditor macrumors regular

TheVidEditor

Tell em:

1. cod4's graphics are top notch on a ps3
    2. Why in the world would you pay over $300 for a blu-ray player and a 360 when you could get even more bang for your buck with the ps3
    Insult them by saying:
    3. The only thing a 360 is useful for is playing dvds, and it overheats way too much and it is just way too loud; another mistake on microsoft's part

Oh, and excelent choice for going ps3!

15. ziggyonice thread starter macrumors 68020

ziggyonice

Haha, thanks for tips! I'll definitely be using them. I considered getting CoD4 -or- World at War, but then again... Modern Combat 2 comes out in a couple months... so... I don't know if that's worth it or not.

Are there any shooters on the PS3 that support split-screen online multiplayer? I'd like the ability to sit down with one of my buddies, and play split-screen online against other people. Any suggestions? It's not required to impress them, but I'd like it never the less.

16. xIGmanIx macrumors 6502a

i stand corrected, thats what i ment!!:eek:or batman begins

17. spyker3292 macrumors 65816

Sweet! Are you getting a slim?

I would totally pick up Killzone 2. The single player levels look amazing and the online is crazy. Some other good games are GT5p, Uncharted 1 (pick up 2 next month!), and Infamous. I'm too lazy to think of more right now.

And whenever God of War 3 comes out, you have to get that!

18. zap2 macrumors 604

zap2

Get Batman: Arkham Asylum, play as the Joker. Not sure how open minder they are(for games) but Little Big Planet is like nothing I've played on the X360(or Wii)

19. MRU macrumors demi-god

MRU

1) Play the bloody thing and stop trying to impress your friends :rolleyes:

2) Yet another thread that seems suspiciously like it was created just to start a frickin flame war between fanboys.

:rolleyes: ad infinitum.

20. Richdmoore macrumors 68000

Richdmoore

I see way more PS3 fanboys on this forum (anti-microsoft vs pro apple) than Xbox fanboys. I see both systems as pretty much equal, the games are the same except exclusives, and they look the same, slightly better one way or the other if compared side by side but not otherwise.

That being said, as an Xbox only owner, I would love to see the exclusives for the PS 3, (Killzone 2, Resistance 1 & 2, MGS 4, Uncharted.) Upcoming GOW 3 would also be on the top of my list if I owned a PS 3.

Have fun with your new purchase. With the PS 3 slim hype, I would love to pick one up as well, but I have way to many unplayed Xbox games, and the new releases in the next six months to even consider getting another console.

21. azboricua macrumors 6502a

azboricua

I own both consoles and really you have to have both. The PS3 can browse the web and play blu-ray and the 360 has the great games and graphics along with the group chats and stuff. They each have their good and bad.

Example:

I have the 360 in my room to play COD 4&5 with my buddies and chat every now and then.

The PS3 is in the living room streaming media to a 46" screen. I have all the Seasons of Entourage on the HD to watch whenever I have time, it plays blu-ray, I can browse the web if I dont feel like getting up to get my Macbook.

So I got both, because they serve different functions for me.

22. 2nyRiggz macrumors 603

2nyRiggz

^Don't forget it actually plays games...great games too, some of the best this generation.

Op...you don't have to impress anyone, just play the games and enjoy the system it has a lot to offer.

Bless

23. Hermolicious84 macrumors member

Well, then have fun playing by yourself. I have a 360 and have been borrowing an out-of-town friend's PS3 for months now. If PS3 had Xbox Live, I would be playing it a lot more, but instead every time I switch over I'm always annoyed at its limited options. There are awesome games for PS3, but you're not going to win over your friends when you get Modern Warfare 2 on a different system and can't play with any of them.

One of the reasons 360 is so huge is because of the social aspect. If you just want to be a fanboy, have BluRay, and isolate yourself from your friends, get the PS3.

24. Patriks7 macrumors 65816

Patriks7

Are you serious? You must have not played any of the games then.

25. tjcampbell macrumors 6502a

tjcampbell

You will impress them with BluRay, the fact that it's nearly silent and that it wont break on you. (I burned through three xbox 360's).