Getting a refund from the iTunes Store?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Chris Welch, Oct 1, 2007.

1. Chris Welch macrumors 6502

I purchased Game 4 of the 2001 World Series ("Baseball's Best" series from MLB.tv)

The audio is horribly out of sync with the video. It's literally like 15 seconds behind by the end of the game.

Needless to say, I don't feel this was worth $1.99. I don't think I should be charged anything for something this mediocre.

I see on the iTunes technical jargon page that "All sales are final."

But has anyone had any luck getting a refund or a $1.99 credit from Apple?

2. EssentialParado macrumors 65816

The Apple staff who work on the iTunes store are really strict. But they crack eventually, just keep trying. You might need to phone Apple and ask to speak to customer service.

3. NightStorm macrumors 68000

From what I've heard, they are pretty lenient when it comes to an encoding issue like you are talking about. Heck, they even refunded me the purchase price for an album that I bought in error, and told me that I could keep the songs if I wanted to (the did make it clear however that this was a one-time "thank you" for being an active iTunes shopper). They're pretty responsive to the support submissions, and have been top-notch the few times I've dealt with them.

4. LuvKeane macrumors newbie

I downloaded a full album and was not happy that each track was set at a different volume level (ie- for one, I would have to turn the volume all the way up on my iPod, and for the next, my ears would start hurting from the blasting music). I sent an email of complaint to Apple about this and they just refunded me the money!