Getting a REPLACEMENT 1st GEN

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by timimbo85, Aug 7, 2008.

1. timimbo85 macrumors regular

timimbo85

Hey all, I am a new iphone user, I picked mine up through a buddy who upgraded to 3g. The phone is great, the only issue is that there is a pretty good scratch on it, it doesn't bother me too much, but I had an idea. There is about 280 days left of my year warranty. I called tech support and told them about my screen and she said DO NOT attempt to put a chemical or solution on the screen as it might ruin it, and if it does I have to pay to fix it, even if the battery dies out and i send it in, it would void my warranty. Will 280 days is a good amount of time to think of a " natural way" to make apple replace my phone. Any ideas, I figure if the battery starts to poop out that I can play that card. I remember my Ex had a gotten a replacement bc her battery sucked. Its just something I have been thinking about, I will not deliberately try and damage it , but what are some natural causes that happened to your phone that forced them give u a new one.

* I should note that the tech said that they still manufacturing the 1st gen.

2. benh- macrumors member

Hey. I was in the same boat as you; picked up the phone from a mate who upgraded, but mine generally didn't work - it didn't boot up at all. A few Apple stores were refusing to swap it because of the tinyest dent and scratch on the side. They say stupid stuff like; that scratch on the screen, that's stopping the phone from booting.