Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

geestring

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 2, 2008
I just want to make sure this will work without any complications in the future. I need to use my dad's credit card because I don't have $3k upfront, so i will need to use his name etc... as the purchaser.

Will this be a problem for getting the student discount?

TMRaven

macrumors 68020
Nov 5, 2009
You don't have to prove anything for a student discount with apple.

Azazul

macrumors newbie
Jun 28, 2009
What TMRaven said. At first I was about to bother a lot with that as well then i just ordered and voilá, student discount MBP shipped without a question asked. I've even called apple support twice after the order.

kernkraft

macrumors 68020
Jun 25, 2009
Even if Apple asked, you are safe. Parents are eligible too, check out Apple's website, it has information in a much better way than any of us can ever provide you with.

Wehrwolf

macrumors 6502
May 21, 2009
If you're doing this online there won't be an issue.

Just because a parent is paying for it shouldn't matter since they're buying it for you (a student) to use. We have parents come in with their kids to our University computer store all the time to buy Macs for them. Do they deny them the discount? Of course not.

pukifloyd

macrumors 6502a
Jun 25, 2008
Scottsdale
If you're doing this online there won't be an issue.

+1
if you want to make sure then call apple or go to a store and order it

i ordered a 17inch (for someone) using their card and got the education pricing (i am a student)

also got the free ipod touch :)

btw if you're not in a hurry then wait for the back to school promo...free ipod is awesome.

harveypooka

macrumors 65816
Feb 24, 2004
I just want to make sure this will work without any complications in the future. I need to use my dad's credit card because I don't have $3k upfront, so i will need to use his name etc... as the purchaser.

Will this be a problem for getting the student discount?

You'll be hunted down by a pack of slavering dogs if you do this.

lordofuo

macrumors regular
Apr 26, 2010
Longview, Texas
I ordered my MBP by paying a relative and using their card. (I don't use credit cards.)

I was still able to use the educational discount with no problems whatsoever.

puckhead193

macrumors G3
May 25, 2004
NY
my parents bought both me and my brother computers and never had an issue. (as long as the CC information is good, your all set, apple only cares about the billing part ;)

RafMac

macrumors regular
Aug 25, 2007
Ontario
As stated on Apples website... just make sure your billing address is the same as the credit card address. Billing name, Shipping address and Name can be yours as You're good to go!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.