getting a tiny flaw repaired?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by abc123, Mar 16, 2007.

  1. abc123 macrumors 6502

    Apr 26, 2004
    i noticed today that one of the little 'nobs' that prop the screen of my powerbook away from the keyboard while closed has crumbled away.

    the powerbook is still covered under warranty but am not too keen on my chances of having this repaired under warranty, nor do i want to deal with the warranty process again for a long time.

    is there any way to replace these nobs at home or another solution to the problem? i carry my powerbook around quiet a lot and don't want to risk damaging the screen doing so.
  2. Temujin macrumors 6502a


    Oct 1, 2005
    You can buy the nobs or spacers online somewhere. A member here posted a link some time ago.
  3. abc123 thread starter macrumors 6502

    Apr 26, 2004
    anyone know where i can buy them? i've had a look and can only find replacement feet that are a lot bigger than the screen ones.
  4. mattscott306 macrumors 68040


    Jan 16, 2007
  5. abc123 thread starter macrumors 6502

    Apr 26, 2004
    that site has just about everything else i ever need for my powerbook except i can't find the spacers i am looking for.
    i looked long and hard, maybe i still missed them but i'm pretty sure they weren't there. :(

Share This Page