Carrier Getting a used iPhone 6s Plus while waiting for 2017 iPhone

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by techiebug, Nov 17, 2016.

1. techiebug macrumors 6502a

So I decided to return my iPhone 7 and got a used iPhone 6s Plus 64gb off Craigslist for around $400. I wanted to buy an iPhone 7 Plus but this thing is so damn hard to get. The iPhone 7 barely has any real life improvement over the iPhone 6s. On paper it shows improvement but in real life, you can hardly tell the difference in camera quality, especially in good light. In fact,this video shows a major flaw in the iPhone 7/7+'s camera. I didn't really notice this until watching the video. Now the issue becomes very obvious to my eyes (once you see it, you can't unsee...) With the 2017 iPhone rumors start to kick in, now I feel it's too late to buy an iPhone 7. This year is really a bad year to buy a new iPhone

2. avtella macrumors regular

I watched the video when it first came out but didn't notice it (in the video), watching it again I now notice it and in actual use too. Doesn't bother me too much but if it bothers you, maybe hold off buying till it's fixed or just don't upgrade. If your coming from 6/6S I personally don't think you're missing too much, though others may think otherwise.

3. C DM macrumors Westmere

7 has more (or at least certainly not less) changes to it compared to 6s than 6s compared to 6, for example.

4. eyoungren macrumors P6

eyoungren

Getting used to the 6s+ was no big deal for me. Of course that's because I traded in a 6+ for it. So I was already used to it.

I don't use my iPhones for the kind of pictures I want to keep (I'll just go buy one of those disposable cameras at WalMart for $10) so features take a back seat to aesthetics for me.

That's the reason I never got the 7+. Too fugly.

I also don't settle. If what I want is not available I either wait until it is or go without. I'm patient - I've waited close to 20 years for something I've wanted. Any wait for the iPhone I DO want pales in comparison.

5. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

Enjoy what you have.
    Sounds like you're trying to convince yourself you made a good decision not upgrading to the i7.
    And in some cases that accurate and others situations is not.
    Its only a phone, if you're happy with it and does whatever you need without problems then that's that;)

6. Newtons Apple macrumors P6

Newtons Apple

Not sure if I would have started a thread for this but then I remember where I am.

7. timeconsumer macrumors 65816

timeconsumer

I tried to watch this video but I couldn't really follow what he was showing so I tried it myself using an iPhone 7 and a Pixel. While the pixel has a smoother transition it didn't seem to be as drastic of a difference as he made it sound like. I also wasn't moving as quickly as he was in his video. I'm not an expert by any means, but any time I am taking a video, if I must move the phone I try to do it as slowly as possible to ensure a smoother transition.

8. techiebug thread starter macrumors 6502a

At first I didn't know what he was talking about until he shows the comparison with the Pixel. It's like night and day. Tried it on my iPhone 7 and the issue is there. I watched some of my own footage and yup, it's there. This is something you never notice until someone tells you about it

9. Relentless Power macrumors Core

Relentless Power

Looks wise, the Plus has no physical appeal to me either. But the internal aspects with the upgraded processor, stereo speakers and haptic feedback has been nice. Nothing stellar. But overall, pleased with the iPhone 7 Plus. I'm ready for a revamp though.