Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Errk!

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Mar 6, 2006
Ever since the version of iTunes came out, I've been getting this error every single time I go to update an app:

We could not complete your iTunes request. An unknown error occured (5002)

Strangely, the update downloads just fine. But this notice pops up for every single update. It doesn't seem to be giving me the error when I download brand new apps.

Is this happening to anyone else?

skiplo

macrumors newbie
Feb 19, 2010
me too

I am getting the same thing. eMailed iTunes support three days ago, still no response.

Errk!

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Mar 6, 2006
I don't know what the deal is but the App Store hasn't been working fluidly for a long time. I'm still also getting the issue where I check for updates and it says updates have been found, but when I go to the update screen the updates aren't listed. Going back and forth causes them to randomly disappear and reappear.

parkds

macrumors 6502
Jan 23, 2003
Glad to see it is not just me. I am getting the same 5002 error every time I download an update to an app also. This started with the last iTunes update. Everything downloads fine, but the message is certainly annoying and I have no idea how to resolve the issue.

Chumbake

macrumors member
Feb 25, 2009
I'm having the exact same issue. I get the message, but then the apps download just fine. I too have emailed Apple. It was yesterday so no response yet.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.