Getting a white bumper instead of black from Apple?

omizzle

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jan 5, 2009
The only bumper available on the case program is the black one...is there any way to get a white one?

draz

macrumors 6502a
Jun 20, 2010
As of right now no.

But case styles and availability are subject to change so who knows what they might have in the future.

Veinticinco

macrumors 6502a
Feb 25, 2009
Europe
What's wrong with black? It's free and it matches your phone. Maybe your could buy a white one.
Anyone have any clue as to whether the white bumpers will be available again? I'm assuming post-Sept 30 when they can sell them again as opposed to giving them away. Can't see them being offered in the free program, will be black only, the production overrun Apple ordered a couple of weeks ago prior to the press event.

Reason I ask obviously is because I'm waiting for the white iPhone.

ARH1956

macrumors 6502
Sep 12, 2007
NE Alabama
Anyone have any clue as to whether the white bumpers will be available again? I'm assuming post-Sept 30 when they can sell them again as opposed to giving them away. Can't see them being offered in the free program, will be black only, the production overrun Apple ordered a couple of weeks ago prior to the press event.

Reason I ask obviously is because I'm waiting for the white iPhone.
I'm guessing you'll likely get access to a white bumper before the white iPhone 4 becomes available.

hcho3

macrumors 68030
May 13, 2010
Just follow the history lesson, don't listen to others. It's apple we are talking about. White is new black. Look at what happened to white iphones. Same thing goes for white bumpers.

omizzle

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jan 5, 2009
well since none of the cases are available for order, i am hoping that after a certain amount of time, they will make other colors available for the program

afshar16

macrumors newbie
Jul 16, 2010
I also want a white bumper. Maybe I can get a free black bumper now, leave it in the packaging, and trade it once white bumpers are available again?

sheaitisnotso

macrumors regular
Jun 28, 2005
I also want a white bumper. Maybe I can get a free black bumper now, leave it in the packaging, and trade it once white bumpers are available again?
This sounds like your best option. Plus by the time the bumper arrives, the stores will probably be carrying them again.

solius

macrumors regular
Jul 15, 2010
Decatur AL
I ordered 2 white, a green and an orange before they took them off the website. Now I got them all for free :). I figure it would be nice to have extras for when they wear out.

Foo4Everlong

macrumors member
Jun 23, 2010
Supposedly with regular use the white bumper turns dingy grey after time. Yuck! I would go with black if I were u. Never have to worry about it changing colors on u. Later

GTghost

macrumors regular
Apr 5, 2010
California
I got lucky with mine, I ordered the white bumper two weeks before they announced the free case and now i have my money back and a white bumper.