Getting Album Art for Cover Flow

Discussion in 'iPod' started by ndheah, Sep 15, 2007.

1. ndheah macrumors regular

I have various CD's from old that have burned and reburned again and again. They do not have an affiliated Album with them but is it possible for me to somehow download them, and add them to the songs currently in my library??

Thanks!

2. swwack91 macrumors 6502a

you can either Google search for the picture or use
    http://www.thejosher.net/iTunes/

search for the album, get the art and drag the pic into the lower left hand corner of iTunes where it shows the album art.

that green jewel (+) should come up and let you drop it into place.

let me know if it doesn't work...

3. SheepNutz macrumors 6502a

If you are using a windows machine, the best way I've found to get artwork (especially when itunes won't find it) is to use Media Monkey (http://www.download.com/MediaMonkey/3000-2141-10109807.html)

You can import albums into it's library much like itunes, then if you highlight all the songs in an album and right click them, you can click "Get tags from Amazon" and it'll search amazon's music database for the correct album, and it will update your ID3 tags and the album artwork. Then when you move your music into itunes, the artwork will be there.

4. diehardmacfan macrumors regular

i use corripio. it is for mac and it works great. everything is automated. it detects your itunes library and you just hit go and it will work all automated. you can have it download artwork or you can have it download lyrics for your songs. it does a very good job. i reccomend that in the general preferences that you check the box that says "wait to show artwork conflicts" that way it will download everything that it knows is correct first, and then at the end it will show you the options for the ones that it has multiple results for. No need to copy and past or drag and drop. it inserts album art and lyrics right into itunes. this will work like a charm

5. flyinmac macrumors 68030

flyinmac

I've scanned in many of my own covers. But, I've also downloaded several cover shots from Amazon.com