Getting Album Artwork and Lyrics

Discussion in 'iPod' started by D4rkShaDoWz, Feb 14, 2008.

1. D4rkShaDoWz macrumors member

Alright guys heres the scenario

I have tons of albums without covers and lyrics. Is there a program to automatically add the cover art to iTunes when I click on it. I've tried GimmieSomeTune and there is no "save to iTunes" feature.

2. JSchwage macrumors 6502a

JSchwage

Have you ever tried using the built-in album art download feature in iTunes? Select the songs you want artwork for, right-click them and select "Get Album Artwork".

As for lyrics, ever tried pearLyrics?

3. POWERCOM macrumors member

POWERCOM

Well the "Get Album Artwork" feature does not get u all the covers. Most people download their songs illegally and there are not much informations in the mp3 files so iTunes cant find covers for them.

4. santaliqueur macrumors 6502a

"most people"? Speak for yourself. By the way, whether the tracks are obtained legally or otherwise, if the album is in the iTunes album cover library, it will be downloaded.

CJ

5. woolyback macrumors regular

What do you do though if you've imported a CD (so all legal and above board), use the in-built function, but you end up with the wrong album cover ?

Can you manually select or drag & drop pics in as the album cover ?

:confused:

6. bartelby macrumors Core

Yep.
    Select the tracks from the album.
    Get Info.
    You can drag and drop any image into the space on the Artwork pane.

7. woolyback macrumors regular

8. POWERCOM macrumors member

POWERCOM

Yes.. most people. At least everyone in my class and in my village. I dont know what you do, but you buy all ur songs if you say so?

9. santaliqueur macrumors 6502a

We need some links, where do you get your information? Certainly you aren't using the phrase "most people" about your class to describe music customers as a whole.

I buy CDs and import them into iTunes.

There is also a Dashboard widget that auto-imports the album artwork from Amazon, onto the currently selected tracks on iTunes. Pretty slick, when Amazon has the artwork.

CJ

10. POWERCOM macrumors member

POWERCOM

Can you give me the link of that widget, please?

11. D4rkShaDoWz thread starter macrumors member

12. macdoobie macrumors member

I agree, most people get their songs illegally. Every one of my friends do -- thinking about it now -- I don't know a single person who buys their music legally.

Anyway, iTunes will find your covers right if you tag the files right. Correct spelling is important -- make sure the titles of the tracks, album, and artist are perfect. if iTunes sells it, you can get the art.

13. bigrobb macrumors 6502a

my itunes widget doesnt have my playlists from itunes in it does anyone know how to get it to show the playlists

14. DRDRJAY macrumors newbie

COVER ART LOCATORS & I DISAGREE ABOUT iTUNES!

Aloha,
    I only import purchased CDs..except for maybe the singles of the week..and my experience has been that iTunes can not always find the artwork...even for albums that are on its site!? Try importing 'JUNO' the Soundtrack CD or, Maroon 5.."It Won't Be Soon Before Long " CD[ I have a list of over 200 of those ! ] ..I really have been astonished that Apple is that sloppy!

I use Windows XP SP3 with all my iPods, including my new 32 GB iPod Touch, so the Mac Widget won't work for me. Aside from going directly to Amazon. com, searching for albums,downloading the artwork and then having iTunes import it, I've found < www.allcdcovers.com > to be helpful..you have to register to search, but no $$$. There's also www.cdcovers.cc, which I haven't used that much. It claims to have the World's largest cover archive. I suppose you could also search Borders' and Barnes & Noble's music sites.

There is a program..FixTunes.. which claims to do it automatically..but only the first 50 are Free. After that, you have to buy it. I found that on CNET Download.Com ...music website. I believe there are both Windows and Mac versions.

Hope the above was helpful.

DRDRJAY
    Kailua-Kona, Hawai'i