Getting an Activated UK iPhone to work with any O2 sim card

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by yusavio, Nov 23, 2007.

1. yusavio macrumors newbie

I purchased my iPhone on november 9th and as I was already with O2, i transfered my contract over to a new iPhone contract.

The phone is all that i had expected it to be but the lack of minutes/messages that I am getting on the iPhone contract is not ideal. I was previously getting 600 minutes and 500 sms for £35 a month.

As today is the last day of the 14 day "change your mind period" I have contacted O2 to cancel my iPhone contract and revert to my previous contract.

My iPhone is activated. What steps do I have to undertake to use any O2 sim card in the phone or when the contract is reverted later on, use my previous O2 contract sim card?

I have access to a PC at work and MAC at home.

Many Thanks

2. redshovel macrumors 6502

redshovel

As you may know the UK O2 iphone it cannot be fully unlocked to run on any network as yet. However you can get it activated/jailbroken to run any 02 sim card and 3rd party applications.

I got my iphone working by following this guide:
    http://hackint0sh.org/forum/showthread.php?t=15849

Its aimed at mac users but the process will work on xp also if you use the alternate programs listed further down the guide.

3. stephenmathews1 macrumors newbie

o2 simplicity + iphone any good?

I was wondering if the lack of included internet usage on the o2 simplicity has limited your usage of the iphone? I was under the impression that you need an unlimited data plan to make good usage of the iphones functions.

I am currently considering a similar thing to you but the 200megs for £7.50 per month looks a bit low and expensive considering im on three x series which is £5 for unlimited data. pitty i couldnt get the iphone unlocked!

Any advice?