Getting An iPad Pro Ready For Sale

arftech

macrumors regular
Original poster
Aug 17, 2010
Greetings All

What are the necessary steps in prepping an iPad for sale? Is it recommended to remove your SIM card?

Thanks

Treebark

macrumors 6502
May 24, 2010
All of the above is pretty much all you need to do and accurate with one possible exception. If your iPad's cell plan is added to your plan at the carrier (vs month to month on the iPad itself) maybe don't cancel it. You can either just pop the sim out of the old and put in the new and be on your way in minutes, or the carrier may be able to move your phone number over to the new ipad, avoiding the $30 fee to add a new device to your account.

Reactions: arftech

redman042

macrumors 68030
Jun 13, 2008
Greetings All

What are the necessary steps in prepping an iPad for sale? Is it recommended to remove your SIM card?

Thanks
1) Erase all content and settings.
2) Package it up
3) Prepare yourself for a disappointing return on the sale.

Sorry, I'm a bit cynical given the poor resale value of iPads. I want to upgrade to the new Pro but the poor resale value is discouraging.

Reactions: arftech

mi7chy

macrumors 603
Oct 24, 2014
Give the new owner a copy of the receipt in case iCloud decides to randomly lock the new owner out and Apple won't unlock without proof of purchase.

Relentless Power

macrumors Nehalem
Jul 12, 2016
Something else I would do in addition, photograph the iPads serial/model number number, it’s just to safe guard that way if something were to occur later On, you would have confirmation that you did have possession that iPad at one point. It’s Not exactly necessary to do this, it’s just one extra step.