Getting an Iphone 3gs questions about mms and tethering In the US

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by lilchub101, Sep 16, 2009.

1. lilchub101 macrumors member

Hey all I have been trying to get an Iphone since they came out. My dad pays the bill and always said no that is until he got a free ipod touch and is now in love. So my questions are is it still possible to get tethering and mms? I remember you tube videos about getting tethering but did the 3.1 update kill that? and has mms bin launched yet? if not is their a way to do this with out jailbreaking not that I can't jailbreak its just wtih my ipod I have always had way better battery life when I was not JB thanks all

2. fishkorp macrumors 68020

fishkorp

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 3_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/528.18 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile/7C144 Safari/528.16)

MMS will be available next week (25th).

3. ViViDboarder macrumors 68040

ViViDboarder

Tethering hack apparently doesn't work on 3.1. PDAnet and jailbroken tethering applications should.

Also, if you only jailbreak and use that tethering app it will not effect your battery life. Jailbreaking only ALLOWS you to run things in the background to lessen your battery life (like mobilesubstrate apps or other background apps)... not by default.