getting an iphone 3gs then returning. opinions?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by juan370Z, Jun 6, 2010.

1. juan370Z macrumors regular

so im planning on getting a new iphone 4g or HD. w.e you want to call it. but i dont want to get the 2 gig plan for 25 bucks. so im getting an iphone 3gs today with the 30 unlimited. and have 30 days to return it and exchange it for the newer iphone when it comes out. when do you guys think the new iphone is going to come out? any rumors? also i never had an iphone before so this is going to be my very first time.:cool:

2. Geckotek macrumors G3

Geckotek

First piece of advice, edit your title to something more meaningful so people will know what you're posting about.

Second piece of advice, search. We have tons of threads speculating on the release date.

Edit: Here, I did the hard work of searching for you (took 20 seconds)

http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=921234&highlight=release

3. Marty Macfly macrumors regular

Please, please search before posting. Not only is it against the rules not to, there have been hundreds of people in just the past week asking this exact question.

The simple answer is: we cannot possibly know ever. You have one day to wait to find out; is that too hard?

For future reference: MRoogle

4. cjthebest macrumors member

I'm planing on doing the same thing. Even if they charge me a restocking fee, it isn't that big of a deal and it's worth it to be grandfathered into the unlimited plan. ($200 x .2% = $40)

5. juan370Z thread starter macrumors regular

yes because then i dont have unlimited..so is now or never

6. juan370Z thread starter macrumors regular

sorry thank you

7. Marty Macfly macrumors regular

You're keeping it for 30 days anyway. Why does it matter whether the next iPhone comes out before or after this time period? Before is meaningless, as you'd be required to keep your current phone. After is meaningless because you'd be going ahead with your plan as normal.

Regardless of when it comes out, your plan would have worked and merely asking this question at all was completely redundant and unnecessary.:D