Getting an Iphone 4 at midnight at Wal-Mart

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Sir Green Day, Jun 20, 2010.

1. Sir Green Day macrumors newbie

Since they're open 24 hours, would this be possible? Just a thought.

2. appleguy123 macrumors 603

appleguy123

No. One of their workers says that they're not selling it until 8.

3. Higgs1 macrumors 6502

Higgs1

walmarts were told to sell @ 8am on the 24th....

4. Olivia23 macrumors 6502a

Olivia23

No way is Apple going to let Walmart sell the iphone 4 before them. Anyway, have you ever been shopping there on black Friday? You know, the day after Thanksgiving when all the stores open about 5am for shopping. Anyway, Walmart opens at 5 or 6am for shopping that day. They have all these deals sitting out in the isles wrapped in saran wrap that get opened at 5am sharp.

What I'm trying to say is if they did sell the iPhone 4, it will not be at midnight because they never do any type of big sales at midnight.

5. Sir Green Day thread starter macrumors newbie

I don't know about where you live, but all of the Wal-Marts here are open 24/7 and they have never waited until a certain time to sell certain items. If the street date is the 24th, then that's when they sell it, 12:00am.

Having said that, I'm sure Apple has put the fear of god into them so they probably won't sell them until 7am (when all AT&T stores open here).

Still, it would be awsome to walk into Wal-Mart at midnight and have one of the brainless electronic dept. Employees sell you one.

6. appleguy123 macrumors 603

appleguy123

They will sell at 8:00 am. This has been confirmed by more than a few employees.

7. zackkmac macrumors 6502a

That's what I was hoping for, but higgs1 is a manager at his Wal-Mart and has official word that they won't be sold until 8AM. I will still check mine though.

8. pab277 macrumors regular

Yea, official word is that Wal-Mart is not allowed to bring the iPhone's out of storage until 8am.

and If i were you i'd call wal-mart and ask to speak to their connections center manager to see if your local wal-mart is even getting any iPhones on launch.

9. Olivia23 macrumors 6502a

Olivia23

I don't know where you live but all the walmarts in NC and most everywhere else that ARE opened 24 hours (BTW the one I shop at is open 24 hours), do not start selling on Black Friday until 5 or 6am. The reason I know this is I go every year to buy Christmas presents like most people do, wait in these long ridiculous lines for them to unwrap all the sale items so everyone can buy items they have marked down for that day only usually from about 6am to 11am.

10. tigerfan1988 macrumors member

I spoke to a pretty competent Walmart cell department worker, and she told me that they are not allowed to sell the iPhone 4 until 8am on the 24th, despite the fact that they are open 24 hours a day. She also said they are getting only 5 units, and it's a pretty big store, so it seems what someone else said about Walmarts only getting 1-5 units is accurate.

11. Ieo macrumors 6502

Yes, walmart IS open 24/7.....but the wireless counter (you know....where they sell phones) opens around 8-9ish (depending on the store).

Case closed.

12. gethyphyyo macrumors regular

LOL. this isn't a new DVD.

You'll have to wait until the morning. At&t's activation department isn't open 24/7