getting an iphone 4 next week, have some questions...

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by The Final Cut, Dec 20, 2010.

1. The Final Cut macrumors 6502

1) I had the orignal iphone with unlimited 2g data, then a blackberry with unlimited 3g data, but I have not had a data plan with att for over a year now, will they allow me to have unlimited data/do they make exceptions?

2) if no unlimited data, how can I even think about iphone 4? I want to download apps, and stream video... if I reach the limit does it turn off automatically or do I just start paying $100 per mb...

3) the next update won't be major right?

4) find my iphone is totally free now?

5)Is there still a waitlist or can I walk same day at apple store?

2. alongston macrumors newbie

Upgrading Phone

It is my understanding that when you get a new phone they make you sign a new contract agreement in order to get the phone for the discounted price and not have to pay retail. I am still on the unlimited for my personal phone, but want to upgrade to the iPhone 4 soon also. I was thinking about holding out until they offer it on another carrier.

3. Small White Car macrumors G4

Small White Car

With the 2GB plan you pay $30 for 2 GB and each GB over that costs $10.

So you're essentilally paying $0.01 per MB if you end up going over your plan. (That's just an example of the breakdown. You really get charged the whole $10 all at once.)

But more to the point, how often can you be on Wifi? It's what keeps my AT&T data usage at only 1 GB per month.

Find my iPhone is now free.

You can find them pretty much everywhere now, but you should probably look into this:
    http://www.macrumors.com/2010/12/20/iphone-4-discounted-to-147-at-sams-club/

4. gdjsnyder macrumors 6502a

gdjsnyder

If you haven't had you're $30 unlimited data plan active since June 7th, when they got rid of it, you will not be able to use that plan. Your options will be $15 for 200MB and $25 for 2GB.

I stream Hulu Plus almost everyday over 3G, and I usually only hit 1.3-1.6GB's per month. And downloading apps really doesn't effect your data usage. Unless you begin downloading 50 apps per day.

It is assumed it won't be, but who can say for sure. Your chances of it not being major seem to be better than that it will be major. But again, nothing is definite.

Yes. It is.

No, it's pretty easy to get one when you want one. But it being the holiday season, there may be some exceptions to this.

5. The Final Cut thread starter macrumors 6502

well it all sounds great... just to clear up streaming video is not the same size as downloading right? like when your streaming an episode of family guy its not like downloading 175mb?

6. lsvtecjohn3 macrumors 6502a

Att will not be giving you unlimited data but I heard theres ways around that people on here said they ended up getting unlimited plans back on there iPhones you're going to have to look into that.
    If you go over your limit you will have to pay 10 per every 2 GB over. From what I've heard from some friends that work at Att only 4% of people go over that 2GB. I use my iPhone all the time and only use about 1.5 GB a month.
    Who knows with Apple
    Yes
    No should be able to go into any store selling the iPhone and get you one that day

7. Rajani Isa macrumors 65816

Rajani Isa

Not sure. Depends on what kind of connection - most streams adjust to the connection.