Getting Antiglare, wait for store or order online?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by thadoggfather, Apr 14, 2010.

1. thadoggfather Suspended

thadoggfather

Which do you think will be faster? I'm getting impatient!

2. atari1356 macrumors 68000

atari1356

Wirelessly posted (iPhone: Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 3_1_3 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/528.18 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile/7E18 Safari/528.16)

Ordering online would probably be quicker... some stores may not even be carrying the antiglare models.

Best bet is to call your local Apple store and ask if they'll be carrying the specific model you want.

3. apw100 macrumors regular

I'm in the same boat. The Apple store people told me it would probably be quicker just to order it online.

4. thadoggfather thread starter Suspended

thadoggfather

I wonder whether the apple store people are trustworthy.

5. alphaod macrumors Core

alphaod

What this have to do with trust? :confused:

6. Link2999 macrumors 6502

I never saw an antiglare screen, is it like plastic instead of glass or what?

7. jpefjr macrumors regular

jpefjr

Heh, I'm in exactly the opposite situation. All the Apple Retail Stores around here only have the 17" i7 anti-glare. I'm holding out for a 17" i7 glossy screen. Maybe tomorrow's shipment will find one of the six Apple Stores within driving distance getting the glossy. :confused:

8. thadoggfather thread starter Suspended

thadoggfather

Trusting their advice to "order online." Of all the ones I've spoken to, none know when more are coming in or the antiglare they say I might just want to keep calling. ugh.

9. Ca$hflow macrumors 6502

Ca$hflow

I was speaking to a apple authorized dealer and he said that he doesn't carry it because it's a BTO option. But that was just this particular store. Not sure if their all doing that.

10. Chupa Chupa macrumors G5

Chupa Chupa

Yes, plastic w/ an aluminum bezel.

11. delux246 macrumors member

I ordered mine online because the stores around me don't have the antiglare screen and the mac ppl said they won't have them for awhile...

12. medialab macrumors newbie

I just slapped an antiglare screen protector over the stock glossy screen and I am very happy with the results. Cost $30 but at least my screen is protected now too.

13. tim100 macrumors 65816

14. Scarlet Fever macrumors 68040

Scarlet Fever

It's not a sheet of plastic in the same way the glossy ones have a pane of glass.

[​IMG]

15. Ca$hflow macrumors 6502

Ca$hflow

It's absolutely gorgeous. I ordered one because my old MacBook Pro one was matte before they charged for "antiglare". Looks way nicer than my old one. Web cam is smaller in size then the old one. Also it has a black gasket/bumper pad around the display. Very nice. :):):D

Sorry about the dirty screen.

Attached Files: