Getting app refunds?

Discussion in 'iOS Apps' started by Nipz, Aug 17, 2008.

1. Nipz macrumors 65816

Nipz

Hey all.

I brought Mobile Chat and to be honest. I hate it. Maybe im doing it all wrong.

So can i just ask a quick question, does it take ages for everyone to sign into an MSN account (im on 20Mb) and is there no way to view other peoples screen names? O and does it crash all the time for you?

If this is all true what do i do to ask for a refund?

Thanks

Ben

2. philgilder macrumors 68000

i dont use mobilechat, so i can't answer that

anyway, you can't get app store refunds. iTunes T&Cs say sale is final. in 3 or 4 RARE cases, refunds have been given, but this is only in exceptional circumstances

3. Nipz thread starter macrumors 65816

Nipz

4. Pooshka macrumors 65816

If it's your first time asking for a refund, then you will very likely get it. Log in to your iTunes account and report a problem using the Inadvertent Purchase reason and explaining your true problem. In such cases Inadvertent Purchase is regarded as Remorseful Purchase. Good luck!

One-time refunds are possible indeed

5. Nipz thread starter macrumors 65816

Nipz

Thanks for that :)

Yea i just dont believe the app to be what it was supposed to be and it crashes all the time for me.

Thanks again

Ben

6. Daiden macrumors 6502a

Daiden

Yeah, I got a refund on MobileChat with no hassle. Just tell them about your problems and it should be fine.

7. Nipz thread starter macrumors 65816

Nipz

Where abouts is this? Sorry i cant find it. Is it a function in iTunes itself or what :confused:

Thanks

Ben

8. Trajectory macrumors 6502a

In iTunes, click on the iTunes Store, then click on your email address in the upper right to log into your account. Then click on the "Purchase History" button. If the App is listed in the "Latest Purchase" section, just click on "Report a Problem" next to the App. Otherwise, click on the little gray arrow button next to the invoice under "Previous Purchases" with the App on it. Then you'll see a list of all items on that invoice. Click on the "Report a Problem" link next to the App and tell Apple you want a refund.

Or, find the email you got from the iTunes Store. It provides "Report a Problem" links in there, too.

9. Nipz thread starter macrumors 65816

Nipz

10. superstrikertwo macrumors 65816

superstrikertwo

Might want to try waiting for the update of MobileChat. It was sent in a day or so ago. The developers had tons of server problems at launch but they have been working day and night to get it fixed. Sometimes it takes forever to connect to MSN/WL sometimes it doesn't it all depends on the server load. When it does load MobileChat is the best chat client out there for iPhone.

As said above just email apple explaining the problems and they should give you a refund. If I were you though I would wait and try out the upgrade coming out hopefully soon it's in apple's hands now.

11. cwosigns macrumors 65816

I'm just very disappointed that this even made it into the App Store. Basic functionality doesn't even work. A complete rip-off.

12. superstrikertwo macrumors 65816

superstrikertwo

All it does is IM people that's the whole point of the app. It's a lot better than any of the other IM apps currently available in the app store. They had server problems the second the app launched because they underestimated the servers. They are working night and day getting it all to work. I've never had any problems getting "basic functionality" to work. Might want to check out their website for updates on what went wrong.

http://tumblr.twenty08.com/