Getting AT&T Activation Fee Waived/Adding Corporate Discount?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by JustinSaneV2, Aug 6, 2010.

1. JustinSaneV2 macrumors 6502

JustinSaneV2

So my original plan was to buy two iPhone 4's under my wife's name since her employer allows her to get a corporate discount of 20% along with no activation fees. The problem was her credit check as she pretty much has no credit. Instead of paying $750 for each line we setup a new account under my name as I have great credit and wouldn't be charged for a deposit.

Since I don't have access to a Premier discount we were charged activation fees. This isn't a big deal but if I can get them waived then that would be great. Is this very difficult to get an AT&T CSR to do?

Also, would it be possible to go in to AT&T's website (or call in, w/e) later and change my wife to the primary account holder and apply her corporate discount?

Thanks in advance for any and all help!

2. ToroidalZeus macrumors 68020

ToroidalZeus

I don't think you even need to have her as a the primary account holder. Just call up ATT or go to the store and have them add the discount.

If you have her work email, you can add the discount yourself.
    http://www.wireless.att.com/businesscenter/premier/

3. irich25 macrumors regular

i just called up att and told them i was short on cash and they just waivered my activation fee =P

4. JustinSaneV2 thread starter macrumors 6502

JustinSaneV2

I'll have to give that a shot when I get my login info.

Sounds easy enough. :D

Thanks!

5. skiltrip macrumors 68030

This sounds like a very good plan. Seriously. If you ask nice enough, AT&T isn't going to throw away a potential 2-year contracted customer for a measly $36 bucks.

6. JustinSaneV2 thread starter macrumors 6502

JustinSaneV2

I'm assuming I won't be able to log on the website or use customer service until I get our phones?

7. Bill Gates macrumors 68020

Bill Gates

In order to get the discount your wife will need to be the account holder. In order to be the account holder AT&T will perform a credit check. In order to then move the account they will require a deposit since your wife has no credit. Thus you've accomplished nothing. You might be able to lie and get AT&T to add the discount under your name but they're not supposed to.

8. JustinSaneV2 thread starter macrumors 6502

JustinSaneV2

Doesn't hurt to try I guess.