Getting audio. No video

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by wrdabney, Jun 26, 2009.

1. wrdabney macrumors member

So I bought the audio video cord from apple and hooked
    it to the RCA hookups on the screen in my truck. Getting audio but no video. Am I missing something. I have a 3gs if that makes any difference

2. TSX macrumors 68030

TSX

3. SFStateStudent macrumors 604

SFStateStudent

Is it the cord that plugs into the headphone jack? You need the one that plugs into the power/sync port.

4. wrdabney thread starter macrumors member

5. kneeman macrumors newbie

I have the same problem. Iphone 3G here on 3.0
    Tried the 50.00 dock cable and a 1/8th cable on the top of the iphone, neither give me video. Have not tried it on my home tv yet.

Makes no sense, if video goes out of the ipod through the cable and works on your tv it should work in the truck. Nothing is changing from the video delivery point of view.

6. wrdabney thread starter macrumors member

thats what i thought but something must be different. i have checked all of the settings on my screen and everything seems to be right. I'm not sure what the difference is. It seems like its the same as an rca hook up on a tv.

7. kneeman macrumors newbie

Just tried my iphone and video ipod on the home lcd tv and neither send video out the top.

8. wrdabney thread starter macrumors member

im pretty sure it isn't supposed to send video out of the headphone jack. i have the apple cord that plugs into the charging jack and its still not working in my truck.