Getting Back from iOS 5

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Dumbledorelives, Jun 7, 2011.

1. Dumbledorelives macrumors 6502

Dumbledorelives

I'm not sure if my UDID is registered right now, but I think it might be - though I am not a paid developer. If I attempt to install iOS 5 and it turns out my UDID is not registered, is it easy to back down to 4.3, or will my device actually be a brick? Assuming I have my SHSH saved in TinyUmbrella already, of course. Thanks.

2. J Griz 757 macrumors regular

J Griz 757

I'm in the same boat as you. Awaiting responses.

3. bigbro1096 macrumors 6502a

I wish someone replied because I'm in the same exact boat. I'm sure you can just restore it. Ill wait for a definite answer though

4. Vertigo50 macrumors 65816

Vertigo50

Yes, you can restore it. I just did earlier today. I was supposedly registered but it didn't work.

You just have to enter DFU mode while connected to your computer with iTunes running, but make sure you have a downloaded copy of the 4.3.3 firmware that you can select in iTunes to restore.

http://www.iclarified.com/entry/index.php?enid=1034

You can find the links to the 4.3.3 firmware here:
    http://www.redmondpie.com/download-ios-4.3.3-for-iphone-ipad-ipod-touch-direct-links/

It wasn't that tough. Then just restore from a backup once it's up and running. Your music and apps will have to be reloaded, but it doesn't take that long.

Good luck.

5. Picho macrumors member

This screen cap was taken from the iOS development center and you must read it before you download any of the iOS's 5 betas.

According to Apple, it can't be done. So any efforts to downgrade would have to be extremely difficult and might result in improper functioning of your iPhone. Some people have had success in restoring and others were left with expensive paperweights.

Don't install it on your everyday use device, there's a reason why this is a closed beta for developers only and for testing only on development devices.

Attached Files:

6. Ashin macrumors 6502a

Ashin

Mine downgraded without a hitch, and surprisingly my baseband is also back to 4.3.3

Using a 3GS

7. Dumbledorelives thread starter macrumors 6502

Dumbledorelives

I'm sure you know a lot more about this than I do - that's not sarcasm - but doesn't Apple also claim it's not possible to go from iOS 4.3.3 to 4.3.2? They always say you can't downgrade, but as long as you have your SHSH blobs you always can...I think I'll go for it.

8. J Griz 757 macrumors regular

J Griz 757

Keep me posted. I'm about to as well.

9. bigbro1096 macrumors 6502a

how did you do it? like the way the guy two post up said.