Getting back long lost text messages.

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by awesomator, Sep 29, 2010.

1. awesomator macrumors regular

So late 2008 early 2009 a friend and I had A very important conversation. this summer i needed these text messages very very very badly to prove something to someone. I noticed that these texts were gone. Someone had deleted these texts off my phone without me noticing most likely early 2010. I do not need them on my phone forever but i need them temporarily. I was going to back up my phone but there is one major hitch. I last synced last may most likely after they were deleted and all my other backups are from august 2008, before these text messages took place. This sounds ridiculous but this is actually quite important. Is there any hacker who knows how this could be resolved?

Note i am not sure if when i synced in may that the text garbage file was deleted as I think the sync was cut half way .

Hold on i think they were deleted after the last sync is there anyway to get them back without losing all my new ones?

2. -aggie- macrumors P6

-aggie-

The only way to get them is if you have a backup after the texts were made and before they were deleted.

3. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

There's no hack that would help you. If your backups are before the texts came in and some after you deleted them then there's nothing that can be done.
    But restore to a few backup files in case they were saved by any chance. If not your sol.

4. awesomator thread starter macrumors regular

5. awesomator thread starter macrumors regular

Hold on i think they were deleted after the last sync is there anyway to get them back without losing all my new ones?