Getting black Microsoft Office 2011 folder in dock?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Savage, Dec 13, 2010.

1. Savage macrumors 6502

Savage

I saw the black folder that it comes with in the dock of a computer in my local Apple store and thought it looked really good. But now I'm trying to do this myself and when I drag the folder to the dock, it changes it to some other blue folder with an icon sticking out of it. It'll also only let me drag it to the side of the dock with the trash can.

2. flipshot macrumors 6502a

3. simsaladimbamba

Both incidents (blue folder, icon representing the first file in alphabetical order if DISPLAYED AS STACK (try the above poster's suggestion); being able to drag the folder only onto the right/bottom side of the DIVIDER) are perfectly normal. You have to change the icon manually (http://www.mactricksandtips.com/2007/06/changing-folder-icon.html) to have that look, as that Apple Store icon most likely has been hampered with or you are dragging the wrong one.
    The second part (right side of DIVIDER) is not changeable with folders or files, only applications are allowed on the left side of the DIVIDER.

4. Savage thread starter macrumors 6502

Savage

Thanks for the fast responses, guys. All I needed to do is display it as a folder.