Getting BlackBerry Storm ringtones?

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by zackkmac, Apr 14, 2009.

1. zackkmac macrumors 6502a

I installed PerfectStorm theme to my iPhone, and it's so great I want to try and make the rest of my phone more Storm-like. With that, anyone know where to get the SMS/ring tones off a Storm? That'd be great. :)

Thanks in advance.

2. koollectablz macrumors 6502

3. chinarider macrumors regular

Out of curiosity, why would you want to make your iPhone act like a storm?

China

4. cwwilson macrumors 65816

cwwilson

Well because some people want looks with functionality. Looks (Storm), functionality (iPhone).

5. Blue Fox macrumors 6502a

Blue Fox

I thought the Storm's "Vista-like" interface was a bit busy compared to the iPhone's simplistic look.....but to each their own. Good luck with the iPhone Storm! :D Do you have any screen shots you could share?

6. zackkmac thread starter macrumors 6502a

Yeah, I just got a little tired with the original iPhone UI so I saw the "PerfectStorm" and tried it, now I love it. It even includes things like new sounds like lock/unlock, keyboard click, SMS received/sent, etc. I also use this mod to get vibration feedback. So overall, it's made my phone a lot more fun for me. :cool:

And here's some screenshots:

SMS. I prefer this keyboard but it can use the regular kind as well. Background set through different hack:

[​IMG]

Home screen, spaced using iBlank. Notice the different WiFi and signal bars. The at&t logo changed through a different mod.:

[​IMG]

Camera app has a new skin:

[​IMG]

Safari also does:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Music player as well. Also, when pressing the volume keys [outside of music player], rather than getting the black window with the speaker/white squares to indicate volume, it displays a speaker in the upper left corner and a blue solid bar indicates the volume level below it.:

[​IMG]

Finally, lockscreens and battery:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Hope that helped. :)

7. navigates macrumors 6502a

zackkmac, I like your mod and tried it myself. But here are the problems I have with the blackberry theme u are using.

1. How to get/make the additional icons that aren't available. For example skype comes with the icon without the text and the others are the blackberry style.

2. Secondly in text messages can you delete. I couldn't delete so didn't like that part.

8. zackkmac thread starter macrumors 6502a

Alright,

1. Well, I have no clue about the Skype icon since I don't have Skype installed. I did run into a few without blackberry-style icons but I put them all on their own page. As for making them, I don't know really. I just downloaded the theme and iBlank to space it out. :eek:

2. By delete do you mean that as in backspace? I can as far as I know. If you mean delete texts, it does just the same as 2.2.1