Getting boarding passes into Passbook?

Discussion in 'iOS 8' started by creativedogmedia, Sep 22, 2014.

1. creativedogmedia macrumors 65816

creativedogmedia

Is it possible to add a boarding pass to Passbook (AA) AFTER I have checked in online? How?

2. akswun macrumors regular

akswun

Doesn't the app ask you to scan the boarding pass. I'm sure the airline gives you a .pdf of your boarding pass that has an accompanied barcode/QR code. I personally haven't used passbook but realized I should have after a 2 week trip to Europe.

3. hazeof3dd macrumors member

I have no experience with AA, but with UA, you can just go back and select check in again and there is an option when you get mobile boarding passes to add them to passbook.

4. creativedogmedia thread starter macrumors 65816

creativedogmedia

It does and I tried scanning it and it said "no pass available for this code."...doesnt make any sense.

5. CTHarrryH macrumors 65816

The airlines I've used and it has been 4 over the last couple of months - work exactly that way - you check in and then they either send you email with link to boarding pass and that link allows you to add to passbook or directly from check in process - it shows you boarding pass online with "button" to add to passport.
    I think it works great. About one of the few things that are "easy" these days about flying.
    Most airlines seem to be able to read that boarding pass when you go to give them your luggage - others make you go through the whole checkin process again to do luggage - hope they get on the modern era soon.

6. creativedogmedia thread starter macrumors 65816

creativedogmedia

ok, the link that they sent brings up a page that shows the american logo on the left and the word boarding pass on the right but no actual boarding pass. The is a PDF attached to it but there are no prompts there either. I cleared history/cache in safari and that didnt help.

7. Kyotoma macrumors 68000

Kyotoma

I took a trip last Christmas with my wife and son and I could get both of their Boarding Passes via Passbook but for the life of me I could not get mine. We were all on the same flight(obviously) and we all checked in at the same time.

8. Rigby macrumors 601

It's been a while since I used the AA app (I'm normally a UA flyer), but if I remember correctly, you should see an "Add" button in the top right when you display your mobile boarding pass in the app.

9. Menel macrumors 603

Menel

This. I haven't flown with them since last year either.
    But it was fairly obvious I thought.

10. akswun macrumors regular

akswun

In this case. Make sure you have iBooks installed. Save the .pdf to your phone(Hold on .pdf link til it prompts you to save it). And when you need to show your boarding pass it will be available there. I did this with my ipad mini. I'm sure it works the same way. I think passbook is having issues reading the QR code or maybe the airline is a little slow in the 'future' department.

11. creativedogmedia thread starter macrumors 65816

creativedogmedia

Ding, ding, ding.....obvious it was not. The boarding pass opened up but you had to click the work boarding pass within the boarding pass. It didnt even look like a link and since I was already there, why would I have to click it again? Anyway, it worked. Thanks, all.

12. jayes macrumors regular

Not related to boarding passes but passbook in general. iPhone 6 iOS 8. I have two apple cards in passbook . They do not stack. I can only scroll left to right, right to left. Is this how it is now?

13. bigred7078 macrumors 6502a

bigred7078

only for cards of the same type.

For example, I just flew via Delta and my boarding pass for my flight and connector flight were side by side. All my other cards were stacked.