Getting bogus notifications

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by Tombaz, Jan 10, 2010.

1. Tombaz macrumors newbie

Hi,

I have a weird problem - I keep getting bogus notifications on my iPhone.
    At first it was with IM+ (the app for messenger, skype, etc.) that kept notifying me of incoming messages from people I don't know (mostly in languages I don't understand) and, obviously, when I ran IM+ I didn't see those messages (since they didn't really go to my accounts). Then, I installed the new Facebook app and set it to notify my of new messages in my inbox and that too started notifying me about comments, wall writings, friend requests, etc. that people I don't know "made on my facebook page", and again, when I ran the app (or went to the page on my PC) none of that was actually there - no comments, not friends requests, etc.

Any ideas? This is driving me crazy!

Don't know if it makes a difference but - iPhone 3G, 3.1.2 Jailbroken using Blackra1n RC3

Thanks

2. SpaceKitty macrumors 68040

SpaceKitty

Your iPhone is jailbroken and activated. It sounds like you used the fake notification fix in cydia. The problem you are having is common because that fix uses the same activation key for anyone who uses that fix so all of those people receive everyone else's notifications.

Only fix is to use a real AT&T sim card to activate your iPhone.

3. Tombaz thread starter macrumors newbie

I don't remember using that fix, but since it's jailbroken I might have. Do you happen to remember the name of the fix so I'll see if I have it?

Assuming I have it, can I remove it or is restoring and starting over the only way?
    And another thing, I've read that blackra1n sometimes messes up youtube and wifi. I didn't have those troubles, do you think that it means that my phone's "immuned" or is there a chance that these will get messed up if I restore and jailbreak again?

Thanks

4. SpaceKitty macrumors 68040

SpaceKitty

I think it's called Push Fix. You can see what packages you have installed in Cydia selecting manage and then packages. I'm not sure if you can just remove it or if you will have to restore the phone.

5. Tombaz thread starter macrumors newbie

As far as I can see I don't have anything to do with push or fix there... I'll try restoring it and see if it'll work.
    Do you think that if (once I restore it) I activate it with my friend's AT&T sim (since I'm not using AT&T) and only then jailbreak it, it'll work?

Thanks