Getting Books ready for iPad

Tech-Boy

macrumors regular
Original poster
Mar 1, 2010
I have a couple hundred books in pdf format that I would like to convert to epub for the iPad. I have gotten my fav done, but I am having to do one book at a time. Is there a program that will allow me to add all of them, and let the computer do the rest. Then I just have to add artwork, and I am done.

rorschach

macrumors 68020
Jul 27, 2003
I'm waiting until tomorrow because I figure it'll be easier to find the best way once I can test out different programs and see how the converted books actually look in iBooks.

I downloaded calibre though, as it's been recommended here on MR.

Tech-Boy

macrumors regular
Original poster
Mar 1, 2010
I'm waiting until tomorrow because I figure it'll be easier to find the best way once I can test out different programs and see how the converted books actually look in iBooks.

Thanks. I don't get my iPad until after the 12th though :( Well, I have waited 2 years for a device like this, I can wait a few more weeks.

Also do you guys think the iBooks Ui can handle a couple hundred books at once???

illutionz

macrumors 65816
Oct 2, 2007
Rhode Island

Some of their developers are getting iPad tomorrow so I would say the iPad profile is not too far ahead. For now, I'll read my Kindle books on the newly updated Kindle apps for iPad :)