Getting Charger replaced for free?

Discussion in 'MacBook Air' started by Redrum509, Dec 28, 2014.

1. Redrum509 macrumors regular

So about 6 months ago the cord to my 2012 macbook air started to literally fall apart and disintegrate. It still works and completely wrapped in electric tape. Now my question is since I'm out of warranty Is there a chance apple would replace my charger for free?

I saw this http://support.apple.com/en-us/TS4127 and the end of the charger is cut like that also since the rubber from the cord just all fell off by chunks.

Thanks!

2. Scepticalscribe Contributor

Scepticalscribe

Have you Applecare? If so, you could still seek to have it repaired/replaced under that.

Otherwise, you could try asking nicely, and politely, and they might see their way to doing you a favour out of a sense of good will. However, such a gesture would be their choice (to give) not your right (to receive).

3. Redrum509 thread starter macrumors regular

Yea I have all intention to go in there and ask politely and not expect them to give me one. Has anyone every been in a similar position? Thanks for the replay BTW

4. Scepticalscribe Contributor

Scepticalscribe

Well, I did have the actual Magsafe replaced (twice) on two different MBAs, (but not the charger). However, one was replaced under Applecare (it was two and a half years old), the other was repaired under the initial one year warranty.

Good luck with it.