Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Keebler

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Jun 20, 2005
Canada
Hi folks,

I'm using Clipwrap to unwrap mts files into prores. it works fine, but it only uses about 45% of the 4 cores in my 2009 MPro.

Is there anyway to increase it so it uses them all? A 50 minute soccer game is taking almost 1.75 hours to un-frickin'wrap. that seems like a long time and more irritating when i see the cores are out for a Sunday drive rather than givin' er.

ugh.

tried to leave a message on clipwraps forums, but still waiting (3 days) for acceptance....

Cheers,
Keebler

PenguinMac

macrumors member
May 21, 2010
As I'm sure you can guess, only a Clipwrap programmer can change how Clipwrap runs. But I'm very interested in this as well, as I have 4 years of AVCHD imported by the Sony camcorder import program on a PC. These M2TS files have to be converted by Clipwrap to edit them in FCPX, as they of course weren't properly ingested into a disk archive format that FCPX understands.

I don't know if it helps you, but I'm also trying Revolver which puts the AVCHD files into a pseudo-archive format that FCPX can ingest. Then I'll let the multi-core aware FCPX do the transcoding into ProRes.

Keebler

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Jun 20, 2005
Canada
As I'm sure you can guess, only a Clipwrap programmer can change how Clipwrap runs. But I'm very interested in this as well, as I have 4 years of AVCHD imported by the Sony camcorder import program on a PC. These M2TS files have to be converted by Clipwrap to edit them in FCPX, as they of course weren't properly ingested into a disk archive format that FCPX understands.

I don't know if it helps you, but I'm also trying Revolver which puts the AVCHD files into a pseudo-archive format that FCPX can ingest. Then I'll let the multi-core aware FCPX do the transcoding into ProRes.

Thanks. I communicated with them and they are working on it. They laid the groundwork for it in the latest release so hopefully soon :)

Cheers
Keebler

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.