Getting connection timeout on Airport Express. At my wits end.

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by Dookieman, Jul 4, 2013.

1. Dookieman macrumors 6502

I'm having a very annoying problem with my airport express. It continues to give me "Connection Timeout" error every time I try and connect any device besides my iPhone 5 to it. I've tried resetting the both the modem and airport express, hard resetting the airport express and setting it up again (which took ages due to "An unexpected error has occurred" message that popped up 100 times before a successful reset via my iPhone 5). Now, after hard resetting the express, it will only allow my iPhone 5 to connect and browse online (which set up the airport express). Any other device in the house continues to respond with "Connection Timeout" when attempting to connect to the express...It's been like this for days now and I have no idea what to do.

What is wrong?

Thanks for your help!

2. drsox macrumors 65816

drsox

Did it ever work properly before ?
    What does the light on the front do ?
    Can you access it by a LAN connection from another Mac/PC with Airport Utility ?

3. Dookieman thread starter macrumors 6502

Yes, it was working great for over a year, then this past weekend, when I arrived home from vacation, the error started to pop up.

The light is green, but does not allow connections.

The Airport Utility says "An Unknown Error Occurred" when trying to access it.

Thanks!

4. drsox macrumors 65816

drsox

If you can't access it via a LAN and a reset doesn't do any good, then maybe it's become an ex-Airport Express ?