Getting contacts and photos off of iPhone?

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by swindmill, Aug 7, 2007.

1. swindmill macrumors 6502a

swindmill

My PowerBook died a few weeks ago and now my external back up drive is broken, so I have nothing saved. I'll have a new computer tomorrow and I'd like to be able to at least salvage all of my contact information that is on my iPhone.

So, is there any way to sync my phone with iTunes so that the contacts on my phone go to my empty OS X address book?

Also, the only copy of my iPhoto library is on my phone and I'd like to get that off too if possible.

Thanks for any suggestions

2. sidewindr macrumors newbie

3. tobefirst macrumors 68040

tobefirst

Of note, the photos that are placed on the iPhone are optimized photos and not full size ones, unfortunately. So, unless you backed up the originals, it looks like the full res photos are gone.

4. swindmill thread starter macrumors 6502a

swindmill

I guess that's my question...I'm not sure whether it is a two way sync or not and I don't want to find out the hard way that it only syncs the phone with what is in Address Book.

I hadn't thought of that. I guess I am out of luck there.

5. swindmill thread starter macrumors 6502a

swindmill

Does anyone know if it will sync contacts from my phone to my Mac? I'm about to do this in the next hour.

6. runninmac macrumors 65816

runninmac

I think it should give you an option to merge contacts and appointments. Could you still try to see if you can get photo albums off of your iPhone because my HD died too and I want to see if I can get my photos from a recent trip off (even though they wont be hi-res)

7. swindmill thread starter macrumors 6502a

swindmill

You can merge contacts, ical, bookmarks, and mail accounts. I couldn't find a way to merge anything else

8. The General macrumors 601

You could always jailbreak, and use iPHUC getfile to get the files off. :)

9. swindmill thread starter macrumors 6502a

swindmill

Is this very complicated? I tried iPod Access for the music, but it won't recognize my iPhone even though the preferences are set to.