getting content from google cache?

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by elbirth, Aug 18, 2008.

1. elbirth macrumors 65816

This may be a long shot, but....

Does anyone know if or how it's possible to obtain specific content from Google Cache? About 3 years ago I kept a blog regarding some of the antics of my roommate, and my webhost at the time was fairly shady and one day deleted my account without notice and being dumb I didn't have a backup of it, so I lost all the entries (they never responded to emails so I couldn't log in to download all my data).
    Doing a random search on Google blog search a little while ago, I found around a dozen or so entries for it in Google Cache that I had no idea would still be around. However, it only shows a very small excerpt of each entry and since the blog is no longer there, clicking the link to it goes to a dead page. Is there some way to load the cached version of these pages so I can copy/paste the content?

2. macbookairman macrumors 6502a

i've always wondered that as well. i don't know how to do that with google chache, but you could give this a try: http://www.archive.org/web/web.php

3. elbirth thread starter macrumors 65816

thanks, I've already tried the wayback machine but only the front page of my site at the time was cached there, which didn't have the blog :( the subfolder doesn't seem to be on there

4. macbookairman macrumors 6502a

5. elbirth thread starter macrumors 65816

I can't seem to get that site to load....

anyone else have any advice on leeching Google's cache? I may email Google directly, but I dunno if they'd help me out