Getting Customized rMBP from somewhere else

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Kuray, Aug 9, 2012.

1. Kuray macrumors regular

I am willing to buy rMBP but I need better one than base model

Those are the configurations that which I can buy:
    2.3 GHz and 16 GB RAM with 256 GB SSD
    2.6 GHz and 8 GB RAM with 256 GB SSD
    2.6 GHz and 16 GB RAM with 256 GB SSD

The problem is I am leaving US in 12th of August and I don't have enough time to get it shipped to my address.

Do you know anywhere that I could find one of those models?

Thanks

2. Outkast27 macrumors 6502

I will next day air my flawless 2.7 16gb 512gb to you for $6,500. Let me know.

3. ixodes macrumors 601

ixodes

I always order BTO / CTO models from Apple. They are the only ones I trust, even if it was available elsewhere.

That said about the only time I've ever heard, or seen another source, is if a re-seller orders one and the customer backs out of the sale. Yet even at that, I'd still avoid it. There's simply too much money and time involved to mess with anyone but Apple.

4. aristobrat macrumors G4

MacMall has this one in stock:
    2.3 GHz and 16 GB RAM with 256 GB SSD $2384.00

If you like living on the edge, you can see if they'll do a Saturday delivery for you.

5. hakuin macrumors regular

Where are you going? If it's not Antarctica you may be able to buy what you want there.

6. gokart mozart macrumors 6502

Macs tend to be even more expensive outside of the US. An issue made worst when a currency like the British pound or the Euro has more value than the American $. A $2000 Mac in the US may cost 2500 Euro for example. But the Euro is worth more, so converted in to dollars, that is a huge difference in expense.

7. TheMacBookPro macrumors 68020

TheMacBookPro

Sounds like you're just trying to get an upgraded model for the sake of having an upgraded model. I can see the advantage of getting a 16GB RAM equipped model, but you're also willing to get an 8GB RAM model as long as it has the 2.6GHz processor, so...

8. macuser2134 macrumors member

Call me stupid, but I read somewhere that Apple Store Managers had been specially ordering some of the most popular BTO rMBP configurations so as not to miss out on sales. I can't comment whether that information has any basis or not. But it would be a pretty simple matter to just telephone your nearest Apple Store(s). Or the one at the Airport (if there is one) and enquire. If they really have got some, then problem solved. If not - then well hard luck. Its rather late to go around ordering one now, don't ya think?

9. Kuray thread starter macrumors regular

I cannot pay that much

I will check it now, thanks

Going back to my home country which is Turkey. There is rMBP there but it costs more than $700 there

I checked Fifth Avenue, Upper West Side, Grand Central in New York and another store in Miami Beach. It is all same what they have.

To sum up,
    I cannot get custom rMBP in Turkey, base model is expensive in Turkey too
    There is no any another models in 4 Apple Store that I confirmed.
    Only solution looks like MacMall if they can ship it tomorrow
    Still waiting better options

Thanks

10. Kuray thread starter macrumors regular