Getting daughter ipad/mac, what to do about iTunes?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by lowonthe456, Oct 19, 2011.

1. lowonthe456 macrumors 6502

As stated, I will be buying either an older iMac or iPad for my daughter for XMas. My concern is about her buying songs and apps on iTunes.

I have an iPhone 4 and a 2011 MBP (lion). I have it set so if I buy from my iphone it downloads to my Mac (and vice versa). I don't want her purchases doing this and I don't want my purchases auto downloading to her machine.

SHould I make her a separate account? Can I use the same credit card for this account?

How are people handling situations like these?

:apple:

2. Mike in Kansas macrumors 6502a

Mike in Kansas

It's time for her to have her own iTunes account. In order to activate an account, you need to link it to a credit card or iTunes gift card. If you are concerned that she may make purchases you don't want her to, open the account with an iTunes gift card with a denomination you are OK with. She can then reload the account by purchasing new gift cards.

3. thatisme macrumors 6502

thatisme

either set up her own account or enable restrictions in the General section of Settings, and password protect access to the App store.