Getting desperate now. PLS HELP!!!!

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by ricardo.newall, May 29, 2012.

1. ricardo.newall, May 29, 2012
    Last edited: May 31, 2012

ricardo.newall macrumors newbie

My 3gs has a tethered jailbreak via redsnow; last weekend i was away and had to reboot and operate normally. i was prepared to lose all the cydia apps but the whole phone was very erratic with some functions such as safari just not working.
    Can I now just revert and do a tethered reboot with redsnow or will this cause some kind of conflict in the operating system? would i be better off reverting to factory settings via itunes even tho this will lose the cydia apps? very confused! hope i have explained properly.

2. Axgema macrumors newbie

if you're tethered, how did you reboot? normally you can't if you are tethered and it seems like you rebooted in a semi tethered state- cydia and cydia apps don't work and neither does safari that is normal in semi tethered state- what you must do now is
    1. plug iPhone into computer, exit iTunes
    2. turn iPhone off (hold power, slide to power off)
    3. wait for wheel to stop
    4. open redsn0w (the latest version) navigate to Extras-Boot tethered
    5. follow on-screen instructions to boot tethered

i did this with my semi tethered iPhone and iPod and that's what you must do

3. ricardo.newall thread starter macrumors newbie

God bless you Axgema! This sounds good, especially what you said about it being in semi-tethered state. I'm sure your procedure will work.

4. ZCherub macrumors 6502a

ZCherub

I'm on 5.1 tethered, and my phone boots without RedSn0w. In many people's experience, 5.1 tethered JBs act like the semi-tethers of previous firmwares. The device will boot, but JB apps, mail, and Safari are inoperable.

To get your jailbroken phone running normally again, follow the instructions in Axgima's post above.

No offense, but how do you have a tethered jailbreak and not know how to "just boot tethered"? It's a basic function of a tethered jailbreak, and if you didn't read how to do this prior to this situation, I'm concerned you're headed for bigger issues in the near future. Just be sure to read up before doing anything...

5. ricardo.newall thread starter macrumors newbie

Yes Cherub I am clueless and out of my depth with all this jailbreaking lark. However, I do usually read up first - like consulting you guys - and am pleased to say phone now rebooted and working properly. Thanks guys!