Getting "E" on my iPad today

Discussion in 'iPad Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by martosprint, Jul 2, 2014.

1. martosprint macrumors 6502

Hi, I've been using ATT cellular on my iPad 3 for two years, and I've always been getting LTE and rarely 3G. But today I've only been getting the much slower "E" speed and I never got that before. I have been using wifi today though. I think ATT may be having a problem today but I can't confirm it. Does anyone know of a problem today Wednesday?
    thanks for a reply.

2. iamMacPerson macrumors 68030

iamMacPerson

Well "E" is Edge service. I would call ATT and ask if there was a service outage today in your area. This is most likely the issue unless the LTE radio in your iPad just bit the dust.

I'd also try reseting your network settings. Go to Settings>General>Reset>Reset Network Settings. If done right, your data will be intact. You will have to rejoin your WiFI however.

3. martosprint thread starter macrumors 6502

Thanks for the reply. It must have been a problem with my ATT service because last night I was getting LTE service and also this morning. Things are back to normal.

4. rigormortis macrumors 68000

rigormortis

Maybe it's one of those times where you were supposed to power down the iPad remove sim and power on and insert sim? It forces a new search and updates the tables

If the 4g lte tower is full , don't we get sent to Edge?