Getting emails about a MacRumors survey?

Orange Furball

macrumors 65816
Original poster
May 18, 2012
Scranton, PA, USA
This is the second time I got this email. I don't think it's real, and it is really annoying getting spammed on my only spam free email. Is anyone else getting these?

This is a message from July6694 at MacRumors Forums ( http://forums.macrumors.com/index.php ). The MacRumors Forums owners cannot accept any responsibility for the contents of the email.

To email July6694, you can use this online form:
http://forums.macrumors.com/sendmessage.php?do=mailmember&u=726603

OR, by email:
mailto:july6694@gmail.com

This is the message:

Hi there!

I hope it's ok that I contact you here. My name is Juliane and I am a student writing my dissertation about participation in the MacRumors community. I really don't mean to spam and this will be the only time I contact you, promised!
If you would like to help me, please read on and I would really appreciate it!! Otherwise just ignore this email and there will be no more bothering you for sure.

I am doing a survey, which only takes about 5-10 minutes.
As a thank you for your participation in my survey, I will do a price draw for a new IPOD SHUFFLE (optional)
I need as many replies as possible as soon as possible because the deadline is approaching... :S
I would appreciate your help so much!!
You can participate here: *link removed*
Feel free to contact me here on MacRumors or by replying to this email.

Thank you so much!
Juliane
Is this real?

Last edited by a moderator:

Carlanga

macrumors 604
Nov 5, 2009
I got it too, it's someone that created their account 3 days ago w/ 0 posts and is banned... :rolleyes:

r6girl

Administrator/Editor
Staff member
Sep 6, 2003
Massachusetts
This is indeed against the rules and we would appreciate it if you would report any PMs or threads you see soliciting for participants.

Of course, it's up to you if you want to complete the survey or not but I would personally urge you not to do so and reward this individual for violating our rules repeatedly.