Getting emails about a MacRumors survey?

Discussion in 'Site and Forum Feedback' started by Orange Furball, Aug 13, 2012.

1. Orange Furball, Aug 13, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 15, 2012

Orange Furball macrumors 65816

Orange Furball

This is the second time I got this email. I don't think it's real, and it is really annoying getting spammed on my only spam free email. Is anyone else getting these?

Is this real?

2. Comeagain? macrumors 68020

Comeagain?

It's someone using the "Send email to user" function. If you want to turn that off, so no one can send emails that way, go to http://forums.macrumors.com/profile.php?do=editoptions (User CP > Edit Options) and uncheck "Receive email from other members". And, your email isn't shown to them, so you can still have your spam free email account.

3. Carlanga macrumors 604

Carlanga

I got it too, it's someone that created their account 3 days ago w/ 0 posts and is banned... :rolleyes:

4. Orange Furball thread starter macrumors 65816

Orange Furball

5. stridemat Moderator

stridemat

Staff Member

6. r6girl Administrator/Editor

r6girl

Staff Member

This is indeed against the rules and we would appreciate it if you would report any PMs or threads you see soliciting for participants.

Of course, it's up to you if you want to complete the survey or not but I would personally urge you not to do so and reward this individual for violating our rules repeatedly.